Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your experience or opinion, what is the best exhaust system or muffler setup?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If drone doesn't bother you get loudmouth they sound good
And what would you recommend if i don't want a lot of drone? Or something that's in between no drone and a lot?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
600-700 not a bad price
Oh okay yeah not too bad. Any others you guys would recommend based off of experience or knowledge? Just trying to shop around and see what's available. I've been doing a lot of you tube stuff but its hard to really tell with that. Id rather be able to have other owners' experiences and opinions.

·
Registered
230 Posts
SLP LM1. Really doesn't drone that bad if you have your MDS turned off.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SLP LM1. Really doesn't drone that bad if you have your MDS turned off.
What I'm starting to see in common from everything that I read is that as long as the MDS is on, there is going to be some drone.

Anyone have an opinion on the flow master American thunder setup?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
If you remove the stock resos you will get some level of drone at cruise speeds - highway. Not sure if drone pitch is based on cost of a cat back - most expensive i know of is corsa, never heard it, some say it still has drone. I would think about the best muffler replacement and leave the resos, louder muffler will probably increase your drone a little but not as much as removing the resos in the rear.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you remove the stock resos you will get some level of drone at cruise speeds - highway. Not sure if drone pitch is based on cost of a cat back - most expensive i know of is corsa, never heard it, some say it still has drone. I would think about the best muffler replacement and leave the resos, louder muffler will probably increase your drone a little but not as much as removing the resos in the rear.
Thanks for the reply. The thing about leaving the resos is its just so quiet and doesn't sound much different than stock, but i know what you mean when you say removing them will cause drone. I'm just looking for the least interior drone with the most exterior muscle.

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
I've done stock, magnaflow, slp and finally corsa

Bite the price bullet and get the corsa. Hands down the best exhaust for driving and fun.
Cruising is great and when you get on it you hear the joy.

Slp is ridiculous when it comes to drone.
Magnaflow is nice, deep tone and mild.
Corsa bad ass at wot.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've done stock, magnaflow, slp and finally corsa

Bite the price bullet and get the corsa. Hands down the best exhaust for driving and fun.
Cruising is great and when you get on it you hear the joy.

Slp is ridiculous when it comes to drone.
Magnaflow is nice, deep tone and mild.
Corsa bad ass at wot.
Cool man thanks. Based off what i have heard corsa sounds like it's the best in all honesty, but I'm a college student and unfortunately i can't afford the corsa... yet. I think for now I'm going to get my mid removed and leave the resos. That seems to give a nice sound and keep the drone at a minimum. Once i can afford something better, i think I'll go for it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
When I was looking for my exhaust, I looked at Corsa and Zoomers. Of course, I went with the Zoomers. But the Corsa gave it a damn good run for its money...

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I was looking for my exhaust, I looked at Corsa and Zoomers. Of course, I went with the Zoomers. But the Corsa gave it a damn good run for its money...
Corsa and zoomers both sound great, but right now i just can't afford them. I was pointed in the direction of removing the mid mufflers and leaving the resos and I'm leaning toward doing that for now until I'm able to afford a full system. .. opinions?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jus remove the mufflers and leave everything else it's cheap and sounds good
Does this affect performance or void the warranty? Or anything else i should know about? My charger is literally a brand new 14 RT that i purchased two weeks ago, and i would hate to do anything to mess up a new car in any way.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts