Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to share a weekend ride that I had this past summer with a close friend.

It was one of the best times that I had in my charger. I will remember it for as long as I live.

I was not racing... I was not showing off... I was just driving with one of my favorite ladies who likes to remind me to "slow down", "go left", "your driving to close to the center" "watch out for this and watch out for that..."

Well we drove back to a place where we mostly grew up together. She reminded me where I used to go to church, where I went to school and where I played my first game of baseball. I did not remember the baseball part.

We traveled to a part of Frenchtown, NJ were we used to get pizza and go rollerskating. It is a VERY different town now.

It was starting to get late. The sun was beautiful casting beautiful colors of on the Delaware River. You had to see it.

Well as soon as we got into the car I heard her voice say "Make a left there. I think we can get back by going that way." So I pulled over and put her address in the NAV system. The ladies voice came in over the speakers telling us to make a right. Oh man did that set the other lady off. She told me. "What does a car know." She was ranting and raving....

We made it back to her house. We went a different way that she would have never gone before. She learned a new road to travel. Needless to say she looked VERY impressed that New Technology works if you give it a chance.

That lady is my Mom. I had a great time with her that day, and I owe that day to my charger. That day right there was worth every penny that I spent on that car.

Please share a day you had that was special.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Dude, my Mom is quite elderly now but still drives. That is actually a really good story, thanks for sharing.

Be sure to check out Larry Webster's column in C&D about the Ford Wagon and his Dad.

And may your next great driving experience involve a younger woman than your Mom and is very affectionate and, uh, oral.... :)

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Not tread lightly so much as not be an ass. You want to just mock folks online, there plenty of places for that. Hell, I do it myself, but in a place where its accepted behavior. SRTforums Off-Topic section for instance. But not here.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not tread lightly so much as not be an ass. You want to just mock folks online, there plenty of places for that. Hell, I do it myself, but in a place where its accepted behavior. SRTforums Off-Topic section for instance. But not here.
but I am just an ass naturally.

So to stay out of trouble I should not reply and just post in OT correct?

·
Registered
629 Posts
it was a wonderful story and its days like that that you have not one regret in the purchase of your vehicle. I love those days where you just forget about everything else thats going on and enjoy the things you love most (family and toys :)), but unfortunately they dont come around too much. anyway, i really enjoyed reading the story, and i hope that you have many more enjoyable days like that in the charger :).

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
but I am just an ass naturally.

So to stay out of trouble I should not reply and just post in OT correct?

Replies like that belong in SUPER Off Topic section (or SRTforms Off Topic), not even this forums OT. Its a different crowd. Think of it as two different bars, if you wish. Ones a biker bar, on two-for-one night. This ones more like a neighborhood after work place.

Behavior that would be perfectly acceptable in the first place would never fly in the second. Be aware of where you are, and act appropriately. You do it in real life, do it here.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Replies like that belong in SUPER Off Topic section (or SRTforms Off Topic) not even this forums OT. Its a different crowd. Think of it as two different bars, if you wish. Ones a biker bar, on two-for-one night. This ones more like a neighborhood after work place.

Behavior that would be perfectly acceptable in the first place would never fly in the second. Be aware of where you are, and act appropriately. You do it in real life, do it here.
but i don't have an srt :lol:

and my neighbors love me because i'm an ass to everyone else in the neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Trust me, SRTforums Off-Topic, it matters not what you own. They embrace asses of all kinds:)

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
Dude, my Mom is quite elderly now but still drives. That is actually a really good story, thanks for sharing.

Be sure to check out Larry Webster's column in C&D about the Ford Wagon and his Dad.

And may your next great driving experience involve a younger woman than your Mom and is very affectionate and, uh, oral.... :)
My mom actually taught me how to drive on a '65 Corvette with 4 on the floor. Both of my folks are ex-hotrodders. My dad has trophies for running 12.1/12.2 in his '61 vette with a 283 on STREET tires when they did drags on small airport runways on the weekends (early 60's). :) Before they get too old, I've made it my mission to get them a nice Z06 or Viper to enjoy.

They both LOVE my Charger.

Best,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.