Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally decided to buy a set of Long System Headers w/Cats from ARH, but I am not sure which size would be best for my 392. Its my daily driver along with some racing and cruises, and will not likely track it. I am getting more mods put in along with a tune, but I wont ever be adding forced induction. I've already done some research on this but I couldnt get a firm answer. Which one would be the best choice, 1-3/4" or 1-7/8" ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've finally decided to buy a set of Long System Headers w/Cats from ARH, but I am not sure which size would be best for my 392. Its my daily driver along with some racing and cruises, and will not likely track it. I am getting more mods put in along with a tune, but I wont ever be adding forced induction. I've already done some research on this but I couldnt get a firm answer. Which one would be the best choice, 1-3/4" or 1-7/8" ?
I have a 2019 Scat with 1 7/8 headers. I havent ran into any issues other than the tech who installed them said they were a huge pain in the ass to install. I assume thats just long tubes in general though.

I will say that if you are going to daily the car, its going to make your exhaust a lot louder so just keep that in mind.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 2019 Scat with 1 7/8 headers. I havent ran into any issues other than the tech who installed them said they were a huge pain in the ass to install. I assume thats just long tubes in general though.

I will say that if you are going to daily the car, its going to make your exhaust a lot louder so just keep that in mind.
Do you have any mods done to your scat? What about your exhaust as well? I plan on keeping mine stock, I think its already great as is.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Would the smaller pipe need me to upgrade my tires? I’m currently running 295s in my rears
1 7/8 are too big for N/A, you'll have better results with the 1 3/4.

As for tires, 295 to 305 or 315 won't make much a difference. Might want to think about drag radials.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts