Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, what's up?
Well, I got my Charger Friday, and everything seems good with it. I think there's a slight "clunk" in the front end when I go over bumps, but regardless of that I'd like to take the car in and have everything checked out on it, including making sure any and all TSBs are done, as well as any repairs that might be needed. It's been a while since I've had a car with a warranty, so I want to make full use of it.
I'd like to know who most people feel is the best (honest, reliable, careful, etc) dealer around the Tulsa area. I'll travel if I need to, to get good work. If possible, please let me know who to speak with if you guys have had great experiences with someone, or some dealership.
Thanks in advance..
Abe

·
Registered
157 Posts
We bought our sublime from Chris Nickols, they seem good enough never used their service though, but do stay away from their used car sales!
We bought the PlumCrazy from Muskogee Dodge and had to have some service work done on it . They were very fast and no hassles about it.
Kryptonite aways uses Tulsa dodge and they seem to always do him right.

Hope this helps.
Chris

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks..

Thanks for the reply and info. And let me say that's one good looking ride you have, especially with the Shaker setup. It really sets it off nicely.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hey PerfRacer,
Did you get your car in this area? Not a good answer for this one. I have had good luck with Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Tulsa. I don't know of any to steer away from. I think you need to try one and see if your needs are met and you feel like they are doing everything they can to keep you coming back. They know there are other dealers out there in this area.

I wonder if Muskogee Dodge has seen this picture of plumcrazy574's burnout? Hmmmm....:jeez:

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, you're probably right about trying out a dealer, but I don't know if the dealer you're refering to on Memorial will be the first for me. The sales' manager is a crook in my opinion, which makes me wonder about the rest of the place. Here's the deal. I checked on the TorRed SRT8 Charger they have on the lot Thursday, after getting the final numbers for the deal on the Charger I did buy (I bought it from Max Motors in Butler, MO, btw. They even brought it to me at my job Friday night in Tulsa, and took my tade back with them.).
Well, there was a big issues with Five Stars' Charger. As soon as I opened the door, I couldn't believe how much smoke smell I was hit with. The guy must have lived in that car with cigars. And, the sale's woman (very nice person herself), knew all about it. She originally sold the car to the owner after a big cash settlement, and then bought it back when they needed money again months later.
Anyway, They wanted $36900 or so for the car, which they wouldn't move on. They said they would "bomb" the car to get rid of the smome smell, some prep you can do that eliminate the odor. The car has ALL options, all SRT groups, DVD, sunroof and air bags, and about 7K+ miles. On top of not moving on the car's price, they had the nerve to offer me only $6300 for my very clean 2003 Denali! My truck does have alot of hightway miles, 175K, but also have alot of features, like 20" wheels, DVD, nav and remote start. But, their offer was a new low. The worst I had be given before was $8500, while the best was just over $10K. Anyway, I walked; quickly. The deal I got from Max Motors was $33600 for the Charger and an amazing $13K for my Denali!. I was shocked since we did all dealings over the phone and because they came in almost $3K higher then anyone else We exchanged pictires and details over the phone and via emails. Their offer gave me about $3K in what I consider found money, because no one offered that much ever for my truck. So, I consider I got my Charger for about $30600, with only 9400 miles on it.
Anyway, sorry for the details. I like to write. lol I should probably post this somewhere else on the forum. lol
I'll ask Pastor Bob who he goes to, and maybe try them out if he's happy.
Thanks aagin..

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Not sure how good they are now, but I always had good dealings with Downtown Dodge before they moved. I guess it's 5 star Dodge now? I just know it's on 91st & Memorial. I haven't been since they moved though, it's just too much out of the way. I did have an experience with Chris Nikel's service that didn't impress me. I had the day off a while back and needed an oil change, so I ran it by there thinking they could get me in. The guy said the earliest he could get me in was almost a week later!!! Needless to say I haven't even tried to go back since then, even though they are right close to my house. Maybe it's a sign of their good service, who knows.

·
Registered
85 Posts
so that sales manager is a "crook" because he tried to make money on you? lol

i know the sales manager at (what used to be called "east tulsa dodge") now called "Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep of Tulsa.... and while, yes.. he is an a**hole, i wouldnt call someone a crook for wanting premium money for a premium car (although, the smoke smell will NEVER go away, no matter what he tells you)

Chris Nichols has a "so-so" service department, but its even worse now that the new "South Pointe Chrysler/dodge/jeep" on 93rd and memorial opened up 2 months ago, and several of the best techs from chris nichols, including two of their best diesel techs are now over there.

if you look at all 3 local dealers, you will see that South Pointe has HANDS DOWN, the best/biggest/nicest service/parts and sales department in the area. PERIOD. (Bob Howard moved the downtown dodge, and crown chrysler/jeep into one big location... now called "SOUTH POINTE CDJ")

I cant imagine taking my car anywhere but there for anything at all.

If you are gonna take it over there, let me know and I will tell you who to see, and he will take good care of you, and make sure everything is perfect.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so that sales manager is a "crook" because he tried to make money on you? lol

i know the sales manager at (what used to be called "east tulsa dodge") now called "Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep of Tulsa.... and while, yes.. he is an a**hole, i wouldnt call someone a crook for wanting premium money for a premium car (although, the smoke smell will NEVER go away, no matter what he tells you)

Chris Nichols has a "so-so" service department, but its even worse now that the new "South Pointe Chrysler/dodge/jeep" on 93rd and memorial opened up 2 months ago, and several of the best techs from chris nichols, including two of their best diesel techs are now over there.

if you look at all 3 local dealers, you will see that South Pointe has HANDS DOWN, the best/biggest/nicest service/parts and sales department in the area. PERIOD. (Bob Howard moved the downtown dodge, and crown chrysler/jeep into one big location... now called "SOUTH POINTE CDJ")

I cant imagine taking my car anywhere but there for anything at all.

If you are gonna take it over there, let me know and I will tell you who to see, and he will take good care of you, and make sure everything is perfect.
Eeeeaaaaasssssyyyyy now Jason. lol. I know car salesman are a touchy subject. lol But, I feel he's a crook for what he offered on my truck, not for the price of the Charger. Though I question his intelligence for being firm on the price of a car with so much smoke damage, and not even attempting to work a deal in person. He never even got out of his chair (except to drive my truck), and never said two words to me. To prove what my truck was really worth, the sales manager at the dealership I bought my SRT from is actually selling it to his next door neighbor at $1000 profit. He called me specifically to tell me how nice it was, and what he was doing with it.
Anyway, as far as I'm concerned the guy was a joke and shouldn't be in the business. The difference between Max Motors and the Tulsa dealer is night and day. The fact that they paid a driver to bring my car down (200+ miles each way) and take my truck back at no expense to me easily shows that.
But, on to more pleasant things. Jason, you didn't put 2 and 2 together? lol The name Abe, with a Denali? Does the mention of a Red '98 Camaro SS with a Cartek-built engine ring a bell? NYRacer on the TFCC forums? You have to know by now, bro. lol How ya been? What'cha been up to? Looks like the Impala's come a long way. Very nice, bro. As well as that Charger in your sig. Very Nice!. I'm going to take you up on that offer about who to talk to at the dealer and such. Oh, and by the way, thanks for the info about all of the dealers, that type of info means a lot. Anyway, get back to me as soon as you can, bro.
Thanks again..
Abe

·
Registered
85 Posts
Eeeeaaaaasssssyyyyy now Jason. lol. I know car salesman are a touchy subject. lol But, I feel he's a crook for what he offered on my truck, not for the price of the Charger. Though I question his intelligence for being firm on the price of a car with so much smoke damage, and not even attempting to work a deal in person. He never even got out of his chair (except to drive my truck), and never said two words to me. To prove what my truck was really worth, the sales manager at the dealership I bought my SRT from is actually selling it to his next door neighbor at $1000 profit. He called me specifically to tell me how nice it was, and what he was doing with it.
Anyway, as far as I'm concerned the guy was a joke and shouldn't be in the business. The difference between Max Motors and the Tulsa dealer is night and day. The fact that they paid a driver to bring my car down (200+ miles each way) and take my truck back at no expense to me easily shows that.
But, on to more pleasant things. Jason, you didn't put 2 and 2 together? lol The name Abe, with a Denali? Does the mention of a Red '98 Camaro SS with a Cartek-built engine ring a bell? NYRacer on the TFCC forums? You have to know by now, bro. lol How ya been? What'cha been up to? Looks like the Impala's come a long way. Very nice, bro. As well as that Charger in your sig. Very Nice!. I'm going to take you up on that offer about who to talk to at the dealer and such. Oh, and by the way, thanks for the info about all of the dealers, that type of info means a lot. Anyway, get back to me as soon as you can, bro.
Thanks again..
Abe

whats up Abe?

of course i know who you are! (now, lol) i didnt put two and two together at first... i didnt even see your name up there.

anyway man, its good to hear you got a good deal, and ended up NOT buying one from East tulsa dodge.... because they DO suck, and the sales manager IS an A***HOLE!!

by the way, if you didnt get it from my post praising South Pointe CJD, its because i work there. lol

If you need any parts, or service, just let me know man... i got the hookup on mopar parts now!

stop by and see me anytime! (93rd and mem)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome, bro, awesome. I'll stop by soon and see what's up. I assume you're in the sales dept? You're real close to my job, as I'm working at Grace church afternoons and evenings, M-F. They're on 96th and Garnett.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hey PIMPALA-SS,
Tell us what you really think...don't hold back now. :grin: When are you going to make it out to one of our meets. I need to see that machine in person. I am lowering my SRT. How did you do yours? I have to go with the coil-overs on mine. They don't make just spring kits for it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey PIMPALA-SS,
Tell us what you really think...don't hold back now. :grin: When are you going to make it out to one of our meets. I need to see that machine in person. I am lowering my SRT. How did you do yours? I have to go with the coil-overs on mine. They don't make just spring kits for it.

i keep missing the meets, but i'll show up soon enough...

i had like 5 people call me the other day, telling me "hey man!! get up to the custard place on 71st, there is a bangload of chargers up there!"

but i couldnt leave work.

and i lowered mine with eibach springs... its an SE, so it dropped it a pretty good amount... its only temporary until i do shockwaves.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Awesome, bro, awesome. I'll stop by soon and see what's up. I assume you're in the sales dept? You're real close to my job, as I'm working at Grace church afternoons and evenings, M-F. They're on 96th and Garnett.

yea, im in new car sales... come see me anytime!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Brandon.... you shut your mouth when you're talkin to me!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
1 - 17 of 17 Posts