Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i realize its been asked a few times and ive looked around but havent really seen to many solid answers with any form of info to back it up just personal imput.... i was hoping i could really get a feel for what to buy by reading around and ive learned that the air rade with functional hood scoop, afe stage II and mopar intakes seem to be what people prefer... but what intake gives you the best performance increase... not to concerned with sound just performance... thank you for your imput

·
Registered
263 Posts
LOL...here we go.

Other than personal input and preference, you won't see much here, unfortunately. Nothing against that input, as much of it should be trusted...however, few have taken the time to dyno just their intake (or multiple versions) and actually be able to get you the answer you seek. Sorry.

Good luck, though, in your search.

Oh, and FWIW, I have a Mopar CAI, and like it a lot. It came on the car, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but the sound is great.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Either the Airhammer or the AFE Stage II. You can save a couple of bucks and sacrifice a few ponies by going with the AFE. I immediately felt and heard the difference on my Charger SRT8.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I would stay with the stock box imo. The paper filters are better at trapping debris/dust and don't become clogged as quickly as the oiled ones do. But if you absolutely must get one.....then get whatever one you like the look of the most, they basically all crank out the same HP "gains" give or take 1-5 HP.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Making my own...stay tuned for a CAI that will rock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts