Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 06 R/T. I just had an Alpine 12" Type X sub (installed in an Alpine ported box) powered by a 1000 watt Fosgate amp.

My question is......... I want the hardest hitting bass possible. Deep enough to feel like it's hitting you in the back of the head with hammer.. Do I leave the box so the sub's firing towards the back of the car or should I turn it towards me??

Question #2. Seats left in the UP position or drop them down???

Thanks, guys, I've got plenty of experience in the Vette (audio/video) world but this is all new to me. :beerchug::beerchug:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, after using the SEARCH feature, I pretty much found my answer...

Next thing I'm wondering is how you guys have gotten the rear package tray (not trunk lid) to stop vibrating.. It's real annoying..

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ok, after using the SEARCH feature, I pretty much found my answer...

Next thing I'm wondering is how you guys have gotten the rear package tray (not trunk lid) to stop vibrating.. It's real annoying..
Use a sound dampner/deadner such as Dynamat or Fatmat.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
an average basswave takes about 30 feet to form, depending on freq, so you want to face the sub awy from you, firing towards the trunk. Leave the rear seats down, possibly crack the driver and passenger window a crack, and that will be its loudest position

1 - 4 of 4 Posts