Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas

What are the best plug and play speakers for the rear deck and front doors. They seem like the easiest to change.

I would really like something that plugs right into existing wires and thats it.

I've got the BA 6 disc changer.

·
Registered
146 Posts
kicker

hello just got new speakers amp and sub from dealer mopar/kicker nice speakers much better than stock plug and play also got twin 11 subs got from dealer had them install same day :headbang:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I don't think there is a "best". Like other things, generally the more you spend the better they are. However, you have to make sure you're not spending a bunch of extra cash on speakers that are capable of way more then you're going to give them. Otherwise you're just wasting money. I have always liked Infinity, especially the Perfect series but the Kappa's are decent too. Also, MBquart makes some nice sounding speakers but are usually more expensive. Without having looked at the connectors on the speakers in the Charger I can't say any of these are "plug and play". You may need a harness to connect them without cutting the factory wires.
-J

·
Registered
580 Posts
Most of us who you might consider as "audio experts" don't simply drop in speakers to the factory system. The 4" coax that I had to cut my dash to fit MSRP for more than most would want to spend on all 6 of the speakers for the vehicle. I haven't used a tradional coax since '98. :)

Just explaining why some of us may not be replying. "We" typically hang out on dedicated car audio forums as most car specific forums don't take the hobby to the same level we do.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
PM "[email protected]", he's the GOD on this issues.
There's no such thing as plug and play speakers for any car, you'll need to buy the speakers and then buy the "adaptors" so you don't have to cut the factory wires. I don't even know if they're available yet. Make a trip to Circuit City and see if they have them.
the door speakers are 6x9 and the rear deck sub is 8". Basicaly, just look for a good set of speakers that are those sizes.
I have 3way Pioneers, just enough to bring the sound up a bit without cracking.

Also, sometimes aftermarket speakers don't go too well with the OEM headunits, making them worse that factory. If you upgrade the speakers, I would recomend doing the same to the headunit. JMHO.

Shop around. It's better to hear it live. Go to Circuit City, Best Buy and other places. Listen to the speakers they got, and go from there.
Infinities, Pioneers, and JLs are the best on my list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts