Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well in anticipation of receiving my Predator today, I went out to the local "proving grounds" last night to get get a current baseline for my 2007 Magnum SRT-8. My best runs last night were consistently in the low to mid 4.6 second range. The temps were in the high 60's, low 70's.

Today I received the Predator and loaded the "93 octane performance tune." Then I saw an option to modify it and since I can never leave anything well enough alone, I thought what the hell, and decided to give it a whirl. I changed the tire size and shift points. There may have been another option or two that I changed but I don't even remember because I browsed through each menu.

So after making the changes and loading the tune, I headed down to the same spot that I test all my vehicles at. It's a good 1/2 to 3/4 mile straightaway which I've verified to be almost perfectly flat using Google Earth (less than 1-2 feet change of elevation throughout the stretch that I make my runs). I ran it down the same exact stretch of road as last night and this time I got a 4.22, 4.18, and 4.16 running the car in both directions. The 4.16 was with a water temperature of 190-200 degrees!

Only other differences besides the Predator from last night to tonight is about 8-10 degrees in ambient (high 60's/low 70's last night to low 60's tonight) and a slightly lighter fuel load (about 1-2 gallons less). That's it!

I have no idea if the Predator somehow alters the accuracy of the timer or if the tire size change may have altered the timer, but the car is definitely faster. Hard to quantify it using the 0-60 calculator if the Predator and/or tire size change does somehow affect it, but I plan on running the car at the strip either tomorrow or Friday night. So stay tuned!

I can REALLY feel the difference in not only the raised shift point, but the firmness of the shift as well. This really seems to have made a profound difference in 0-60 times. This was definitely a well spent $329, not to mention all the other features and tuning abilities that I've yet to even use!

My ultimate goal is to run 11's on motor only with just bolt ons. Meaning no aftermarket heads or cam. Do you guys think I can do it?

·
Registered
951 Posts
I would think the tire size change would affect your car's 0-60 calc.

Going from high 12's to high 11's will be difficult N/A without heads/cam.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah well all I need is an 11.999, so you figure 8 tenths from 12.80 to 11.999. I'm hoping the lighter 17" rims (and the effectively shorter gears), drag radials, AFE Stage II intake, JBA 3" exhaust, Magnaflow high flow cats, a little tuning (maybe for 100 or 104 octane), and a nice cool night at Atco will do it. But if not, I'll be happy with low 12's. :D

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Maybe you can get into the 10's and become 10SecSRT8 !!!! ...just kidding, good work!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts