Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Clones are already showing up. We have a yellow Daytona R/T' in town with big chrome wheels and the single Hemi hood decal on their car. Waiting for the Bee decals to show up on the rear quarters next.......Geez. I wonder if it happened this fast back in the 60's?

·
Registered
359 Posts
yeah i hear u just like the new rt with 20's chrome and srt grill. i was so fricking pissed, because our srt dont stand out as much.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Clones are already showing up. We have a yellow Daytona R/T' in town with big chrome wheels and the single Hemi hood decal on their car. Waiting for the Bee decals to show up on the rear quarters next......Geez. I wonder if it happened this fast back in the 60's?
Sorry, but I dont see the gripe, a Nanner changed his hood decal and put on aftermarket chrome wheels????
Bee's dont even have chrome wheels

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Sorry, but I dont see the gripe, a Nanner changed his hood decal and put on aftermarket chrome wheels????
Bee's dont even have chrome wheels
Our wheels do not have painted grey inserts like the other SRT's giving the wheels a "chrome" appearance even though its polished aluminum lol. so I think that's what the original poster is referring to.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Our wheels do not have painted grey inserts like the other SRT's giving the wheels a "chrome" appearance even though its polished aluminum lol. so I think that's what the original poster is referring to.
Yea, I know..the Bee's are fully polished....but poliched alum is definetely not chrome...thank gaaawd:grin:

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
mine are just powder coated........

·
Registered
813 Posts
and they look sooooo good too

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
My wheels are powder coated with brake dust.
MR-SMITH, Change those baby's over to Posi Quiet's! You won't have any more brake dust!!!:rockon: I did also hear that Napa has a brake pad that is suppose to be pretty low dust.

Yes, our wheels are polished aluminum and look like chrome. I like that they are not chrome too! I can't believe how easy they are to keep so bright. With show cars I have to polish those suckers all the time to keep them bright!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Clones are already showing up. We have a yellow Daytona R/T' in town with big chrome wheels and the single Hemi hood decal on their car. Waiting for the Bee decals to show up on the rear quarters next......Geez. I wonder if it happened this fast back in the 60's?

Quit your whining you sound like a little girl. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Yeah you paid a premium price for a limited production car, but that doesn't give you the right to act like an elitist.

I see the people over on corvetteforum doing the same thing "we are the almighty ZO6 owners and nobody else shall have a car that looks like mine".

People have been cloning special/limited run cars since the muscle car days.

Do you think you can stop it single handedly by crying about it on some internet board?

Get over it, you have a very nice car enjoy it and check the ego at the door.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Wow, I have hit someones nerve. I guess I should have made it a little more clear on my original question............Did it happen this fast back in the 60's?

I don't remember saying there was anything wrong with it, or crying about it or griping about it..........

·
Registered
56 Posts
By the way the RT 20's are not real they are plastic covered 20in rims ...look good but cheap in my opinion. The SRT8 rims are the real deal so no worries

Jaybo

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
yeah i hear u just like the new rt with 20's chrome and srt grill. i was so fricking pissed, because our srt dont stand out as much.
the srt8's stand out just as much as ever. Don't get pissed for no reason :grin:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
By the way the RT 20's are not real they are plastic covered 20in rims ...look good but cheap in my opinion. The SRT8 rims are the real deal so no worries

Jaybo
My wifes Pacifica has those chrome covers too. I was surprised about that. Keep in mind they are not a cheap car either.......The wheels look good though!

I did not know the new R/T's were even coming out with 20's. I am cool with that. I think the larger wheels do fit the charger very nice no matter what model.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I pulled up next to a complete SRT clone the other day. He had the wheels, spoiler,hood, and front bumper. The only thing that gave him away was his brakes. I could not see his interior he might of had that too.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i passed a black r/t with the superbee quater panel stripes the other day it gave me a chuckle due to the fact he had those and left the little silver r/t on the trunk and didnt finish of the bee graphiics for the trunk

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Clones are already showing up. We have a yellow Daytona R/T' in town with big chrome wheels and the single Hemi hood decal on their car. Waiting for the Bee decals to show up on the rear quarters next.......Geez. I wonder if it happened this fast back in the 60's?
It is a form of flattery, as long as it doesn't get outta hand. Having service on my Supercrew last year, the local Ford dealer had 3 late model Cobras for sale.... all clones:lol: .

·
Registered
368 Posts
FASTER!!! I was there!

·
Registered
368 Posts
As a side note, why would anyone care? Anybody that knows anything about performance cars can spot a clone. Those that don't know, don't care. Making a clone "Super Bee" or any other performance vehicle does not diminish the value or the uniqueness of your ride because it's documented as original.....so enjoy and let others enjoy as well. Take a look at vintage muscle cars for sale and you will see tons of "clones" and they are listed as such. The real deals are quite expensive, as they should be.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As a side note, why would anyone care? Anybody that knows anything about performance cars can spot a clone. Those that don't know, don't care. Making a clone "Super Bee" or any other performance vehicle does not diminish the value or the uniqueness of your ride because it's documented as original.....so enjoy and let others enjoy as well. Take a look at vintage muscle cars for sale and you will see tons of "clones" and they are listed as such. The real deals are quite expensive, as they should be.
You are correct. 30-40 years later.;) That's why I was shocked to see it now happening in less than 1 year. It does make sense that it would happen even faster now with all the massive amounts of after market parts. It's all good!

I also own a 63 Nova SS. Yes, a real SS. Of course that fast SS in 63 came with a straight 6! :lol: The 6 is gone now!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.