Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i've read the reviews and the anecdotal evidence, but has anyone either dyno'd or track proven the benefits of changing out the already bigger than stock daytona air intake for an aftermarket cai?

Yes, we know an open cai sounds cooler, literally. But performance points, sotp feeling, anything? Or am i just considering a $200+ pretty engine bay accessory that makes some cool noise?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i think the cai's are mostly for noise...

there will be some sort of gain because the air filter has a lot more surface area, which will provide better flow.

as for the coldness of the air... IMO, the volant and the gsm are the only two that have a chance to pull colder air than stock. but the gsm is made out of metal which conducts heat, so it wouldnt make a difference either. other cai's will provide you with some sort of gain, but my money would say intakes like the afe or k&n actually pull in warmer air than stock, unless you get one of those functional hood scoops that feeds outside air directly to it.

i ended up buying the volant. it went into the mail friday and should be here any time. i'll let you know what i think about it. what made me pull the trigger was that it was only $150 (slightly used). i also think the volant looks way better than the others..

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Well, I raced a stock R/T the other night, and I WHOOPED his ass like he was standing still...that's all I have done is a Flowmaster catback and a K&N CAI...I love it.

Just my .02

·
Registered
338 Posts
My gas mileage got better after I put my AFE Stage 2 on. Other than that I think it just sounds better. Not sure I got any measurable performance out of it. I still think it was worth the money though.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
www.lxforums.com

goto the forums section.
scroll down til you see MFO(Mods Face Off)
read articles about cai comparisons and many other things.
read about the way they do these experiments Scientifically by reading stickies at the top of the page.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.