Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:knockout: i raced my cousin yesterday in my RT (california concepts edition) I for sure thought I was gonna take him but WTF he pulled away from me like 2 cars!!:dead: next light i took off ESP (just got my charger last week) i kept up alot better but still couldnt beat him... did i do something wrong or is it just a faster car?????:knockout:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Well we need more info.

Stock for stock?

Mods?

Is the GT a stick?

Are either of you experienced drivers? (Track experience.)

Everything from tire type and pressures to how much gas is in the tank can be the difference in these two cars.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
well both cars are low 14s, but from a dig you will play catch up cuz he is way lighter than yours, was a 1/4 mile race or not? if not then you were in a disadvantage race.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no it wasnt i think it was actually more than a 1/4 i started 2 catch up slightly but not all the way before we let off we hit around 100-120 this was from a roll (15mph) the second time from a red light he really smoked me. I'm willing to spend no more than $2,000 on mods. will this amount get me able to smoke GT's if so.... what can i do with 2 gs:smoke:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ill post a pic in a little bit... pretty much the R/T with all the upgrades from leather, navi, sunroof everything, 20's or 22's i got 20's comes with painted calipers yellow with HEMI on it exhaust, grill, spoiler ummm theres pretty much nuthin to mod other that the engine. ill post a pic im gonna take one right now:smoke:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
ill post a pic in a little bit... pretty much the R/T with all the upgrades from leather, navi, sunroof everything, 20's or 22's i got 20's comes with painted calipers yellow with HEMI on it exhaust, grill, spoiler ummm theres pretty much nuthin to mod other that the engine. ill post a pic im gonna take one right now:smoke:
= a fatter pig, i say get some good bolt ons such as long tube headers, cold air intake, some gears, a good tune, get some nittos and ud pulley and then racing him again.

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
true but i dont think 20's are gonna give the mustang that much of an advantage,.... but i have $2000 i can spend on my engine.. any ideas??
I bet the tires killed you...what size 20s?

$2K will get you a CAI ($300)...cat backs ($600-$1000).....Diablo ($400)....those should get you .2-.5 off your ET..

·
Registered
473 Posts
Manual STOCK GT vs STOCK Charger (2.7), Charger loses on weight. Throw in HEMI, add hp, add heavier tranny, add leather (and of course, power seats), add sunroof, add navi, add larger wheels and you see where I'm going with this. You may not need to spend 2g's in mods. YOu may just need to stop racing sports cars with your luxury sports sedan. :grin:

I keed. (Well, I'm serious, but I don't wanna start no gruff in your post)...but seriously; long tube headers, cold air intake, some gears, a good tune, get some nittos and ud pulley.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I bet the tires killed you...what size 20s?

$2K will get you a CAI ($300)...cat backs ($600-$1000).....Diablo ($400)....those should get you .2-.5 off your ET..
BINGO

Lose the 20s if also

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
EHHH ARE U SERIOUS? 2K ON RACING SCHOOL TO DRIVE AN AUTOMATIC? :dead:
lol :lol: but in all seriousness, i used to spank old body style gt's almost weekly in my r/t. now that I have the srt I don't even mess with them.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
lol :lol: but in all seriousness, i used to spank old body style gt's almost weekly in my r/t. now that I have the srt I don't even mess with them.
i hear you, They def have to have some good mods to mess with an srt8. With my set-up my goat is a round 330rwhp about 400 to the crank and yet dont think i stand a chance from a roll against a srt8. I might have a chance from a dig since my goat weight about 500lb less, but nevertheless you never know what you may find in the streets

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I just had this happen to me on the way home from work today (too funny) a silver 2003 Rustang. He was behind me then jumped around to the right lane revving looking for action (I paid him no mind on purpose). He was loud, but that don't make him faster (so he thought/and I did too)... he gave up after 3 stop and go's off of red lights, each one about 1/8 mile runs. He had me off the lights, but that was about it till I hit 3rd using autostick. Loser x3! Still haven't lost to one yet. I really think my car is one of the freak builds you hear about. She's pretty fast, and only have minor mods.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts