Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before I start my story, i want to add that I don't bull**** to look cool on a message board and I do not exaggerate anything.
So Im on a red light and a black tinted out GTO is next to me. In my experience every time I am next to a GTO they want to play, so I turn off my ESP and kick it in 1st just in case he wants to go. Light turns green, we both slowly get off the line and I am a car length behind him going 25-30, and I punch it and by the time me and him are even he punches it too and I gained a good half a car maybe a little more and I could hear him spinning from 1st to second and by the time I hit 70 75 he just gave up and he immediately turned into some parking lot hahahahha. But yea I got a good half a car on him and it stayed like that until about 75. And oh yeah it was very cold outside :cool:
I know if we kept going he would of definitely gotten me.

My next race happened a few weeks ago and I didnt post it because I wasnt very proud of the outcome but here goes.

I see a mustang mach 1 looked like a 03 or something. Now I did my research and Mach1s and R/Ts are pretty close performance wise, I think. Well anyway 2nd gear roll, he murdered me so bad it reminded me of the time I raced a crotch rocket. I mean he killed me. He definitely did something to that car and I do not know what. Anyone here have any idea, I mean this car looked like a 12 sec car. We raced again this time a 1st gear roll and same outcome
Its okay though I rather beat a GTO than beat a mustang mach 1.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Before I start my story, i want to add that I don't bull**** to look cool on a message board and I do not exaggerate anything.
So Im on a red light and a black tinted out GTO is next to me. In my experience every time I am next to a GTO they want to play, so I turn off my ESP and kick it in 1st just in case he wants to go. Light turns green, we both slowly get off the line and I am a car length behind him going 25-30, and I punch it and by the time me and him are even he punches it too and I gained a good half a car maybe a little more and I could hear him spinning from 1st to second and by the time I hit 70 75 he just gave up and he immediately turned into some parking lot hahahahha. But yea I got a good half a car on him and it stayed like that until about 75. And oh yeah it was very cold outside :cool:
I know if we kept going he would of definitely gotten me. So my conclusion is this,
GTOS are cheap ugly cars with a good motor and a ****ty transmission.

My next race happened a few weeks ago and I didnt post it because I wasnt very proud of the outcome but here goes.

I see a mustang mach 1 looked like a 03 or something. Now I did my research and Mach1s and R/Ts are pretty close performance wise, I think. Well anyway 2nd gear roll, he murdered me so bad it reminded me of the time I raced a crotch rocket. I mean he killed me. He definitely did something to that car and I do not know what. Anyone here have any idea, I mean this car looked like a 12 sec car. We raced again this time a 1st gear roll and same outcome
Its okay though I rather beat a GTO than beat a mustang mach 1.
u had my respect for the kill until you said GTOs are cheap and ugly and that we have ....ty transmission. Sir you are indeed cluless about GM transmission cuz they are one of the best in the market. Those transmissions are within the ones with less hp lost thru the tranny. Now that was a very close race what 3-4 seconds anything is possible so i guess you did good. MACH 1 are fast they are low 13s - mid 13s with a few upgrades and they run 12s so no shame on that. Next time you race a GTO do it like a man drop your window and nod the OP so he knows is on.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u had my respect for the kill until you said GTOs are cheap and ugly and that we have ....ty transmission. Sir you are indeed cluless about GM transmission cuz they are one of the best in the market. Those transmissions are within the ones with less hp lost thru the tranny. Now that was a very close race what 3-4 seconds anything is possible so i guess you did good. MACH 1 are fast they are low 13s - mid 13s with a few upgrades and they run 12s so no shame on that. Next time you race a GTO do it like a man drop your window and nod the OP so he knows is on.
i would of "nod" to let him know but he had limo tint
but yea maybe I shouldnt of said ****ty transmission cuz to me the GTO has an amazing engine but theres something not right about it, I am guessing its the transmission

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
but yea maybe I shouldnt of said ****ty transmission cuz to me the GTO has an amazing engine but theres something not right about it, I am guessing its the transmission
Or, there is a 'short', between the seat and the transmission. :razz:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
nope is not the tranny, is the driver and the stupid IRS

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

had my respect for the kill until you said GTOs are cheap and ugly ...

But they are ! ( well, ugly at least):cool:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
had my respect for the kill until you said GTOs are cheap and ugly ...

But they are ! ( well, ugly at least):cool:
please lets not do this again, here we go again. Chargers are piggy :tongue:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
please lets not do this again, here we go again. Chargers are piggy :tongue:
Do what again ????:wink:

They are Ugly......fact is, I'm not sure that even a "mother" could love that face.:whistle: Bloody typical GM.... good motors, tough drive trains, but always seem to miss the "look" (though the new Camaro has my attention...) kinda like a Honda "Element" just not as ugly :clap:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Now don't go getting Evil's "Goat".
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The GTO's beauty is in its performance.
He's happy with it and we're happy with the "better" looking car...:laugh:
I still want to get a good run with his GTO......

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
But, but, but.....it's like.....hard to resist.....must not "tease"........ ahhhh I can't stand it anymore!!!

It's a "FUGLY" car!:twisted:

·
Registered
120 Posts
nope is not the tranny, is the driver and the stupid IRS
And what do chargers have??

As far as GTOs are concerned, I sold my 2004 6 sp manual LS1 for a Charger Daytona because of the four doors. From experience, I can say my Daytona would lose in any race from 0 to maximum MPH against the GTO. Same horsepower, about six hundred lbs less weight, and a 3.46 rear axle. Top speed also not limited electronically.

kdk

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
dont get upset
i guarantee you guys at the GTO forums talk **** about chargers
dude im not im being sarcastic, some people bash the OP like any other forums

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Now don't go getting Evil's "Goat".
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The GTO's beauty is in its performance.
He's happy with it and we're happy with the "better" looking car...:laugh:
I still want to get a good run with his GTO......
Man im still waiting my turn to line up against a srt8, it should be close but i think the srt8 still have the edge on me at higher mph. Btw Im pushing about 330 at the weels

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
dude im not im being sarcastic, some people bash the OP like any other forums
OK....you're a good sport. I like you. you can stay. :grin:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts