Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the BC Racing coilovers installed yesterday, to replace my 3-out-of-4-are-broken Eibach springs and OEM shocks/struts.

The car is riding smoother than she has in a long time, possibly ever :)

The parts going in :

And all installed :) :

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
looks great!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Looks good. Have some fun with them.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
PUT IT TO THE GROUND GABE ....YOU GOOF !!!

hope to see you soon bud !!

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, and Vito, she's sitting at same height as before the work was done, which is about 2" lower than stock-AWD height, and about the same as stock SRT8. If / when the springs settle-in, she should sit at least 1/4" lower, hopefully 1/2", but I wouldn't want her to sit lower than that, considering winter driving.

Also, to make height adjustments, the rear springs have to be completely removed, otherwise there's too much tension on them, and that makes it a huge pain in the butt, which means I'll pretty much leave the height setting alone, and maybe just mess with the stiffness settings :)

Right now, the shocks are set to slightly firmer than stock, according to the tech. She feels pretty good. Smooth over bumps and more flat than before around turns :)

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Sweet and congrats gabe! You gotta drop that another inch... Btw, looks like us MA are up late. Lol

·
Registered
633 Posts
Glad your happy with your new suspension! But it seems like the rear is lowered than the front. Like it's dragging a bit? Lower the front if you can.

·
Registered
8,953 Posts
Congrats Gabe! Great news! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
looks great Gabe!

·
Registered
481 Posts
The ride looks great Gabe as I also installed the BC Racing coilovers on my Challenger. I think I lowered mine too low as I have to be very careful over speed bumps so you may be the wiser! LOL

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys :)

On the 45-minute (mostly highway) ride home, I was impressed with the lack of bounciness from this set-up, something any Eibach owner will tell you that it happens over bumps with just Eibachs.

The BCR's just absorb the impact and you move on ... lol. The car has less movement over bumps so the whole ride is overall smoother, and also flatter in the corners :)

(I made my snow tires squeal but the car didn't seem to be bothered ... lol)

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
BCR FTW! Quality setup.:beerchug:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
do they make these for the V6 crowd by chance?

·
Registered
6,701 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
for a hefty price tag I'm sure :)

·
Registered
6,701 Posts

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
My kit was $989 shipped and the install ran $480 ... 6 hrs of labor, and he worked on it all day with no lunch.
OMG! you should always remember to call me first. lol

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Sweet and congrats gabe! You gotta drop that another inch... Btw, looks like us MA are up late. Lol
Thats because where the "Midnight Riders" :ninja:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OMG! you should always remember to call me first. lol
I look at it as having it done by a reputable shop with which I already have a good history, and I've never had problems with whatever they've worked on.

How much / how would I have saved ? PM me if you want ... ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts