Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Charger Community!

I just purchased a 2018 Dodge Charger SXT Plus. I love this car, I realized after purchase that I had no working security alarm. Turns out that I have to have the security alarm flashed at the dealership to enable it. I was wondering if anyone has the Alphaobd software in the Bay Area and can help me enable my alarm so that I don't have to go to the dealership?

Thank you,

Justin

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gonna ask the stupid question, but can you explain this a bit more?

My 2019 Charger was broken into Sunday night while I was at a restaurant, sitting 50feet away, and my alarm never went off. They broke the small vent window on the back door and popped the lock. I would think this would set off some sort of alarm, but it didn't.

So, what you're saying is that the dealership has to activate the alarm for it to function?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

My 2019 Charger was broken into Sunday night while I was at a restaurant, sitting 50feet away, and my alarm never went off. They broke the small vent window on the back door and popped the lock. I would think this would set off some sort of alarm, but it didn't.

So, what you're saying is that the dealership has to activate the alarm for it to function?

You probably only have door lock horn confirmation on your fob. Look at your vin window sticker Window Sticker Lookup by VIN and see if the Alarm is part of your package. To test if you have an active alarm, leave your window down lock your doors, leave your fob in your house and open your car door from the outside with the inside door handle to test if you have an alarm. Chances are you do not, in that case go to your dealership and have them activate your alarm for $100. Also the alarm does not have a shock sensor and only goes off if doors are opened. You can add an after market shock sensor if needed: Directed Electronics 504D Double Guard Stinger Shock Sensor Amazon.com: Directed Electronics 504D Double Guard Stinger Shock Sensor: Automotive
Hope this helps, if you need more information text me at 415-572-7712, my name is Justin.

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,128 Posts
I don't recall seeing a factory alarm option to enable. Pretty sure they are all the same stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts