Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, long time no post. I have been busy with other pursuits while my charger has had only about 2,000 miles in the last 3 years!
I purchased a battery tender as my car keeps dying and it takes forever to get it charged back up in between drives.

My question is if it's okay to connect the battery tender to the terminal in the engine as that is where I always jumpstart it, or do I need to run it directly to the battery in the trunk?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Which ever is easier... I think the engine. And you avoid the potential (albeit very rare potential) of igniting hydrogen gas.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which ever is easier... I think the engine. And you avoid the potential (albeit very rare potential) of igniting hydrogen gas.
That's what I figured. Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Can plug it in anywhere, I have an adapter that came with mine that I plug it into the cig lighter plug in the ctr console

·
Registered
668 Posts
Can plug it in anywhere, I have an adapter that came with mine that I plug it into the cig lighter plug in the ctr console
x2

·
Registered
679 Posts
BTW - found out the hard way that if you use the dash plug and it is set to go off with ign then the battery tender doesn't do a thing

Instead of changing the fuse setting I just use the ctr console plug

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
i actually have mine hooked or should say connected to the rear fuse box where the red lead hooks from the battery. i have the quick disconnect and just have to plug it in and close the trunk
no problems..just unplug from quick disconnect am off i go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts