Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week my car battery randomly died... I have been out in Salt Lake for a week and a couple days now and my dad back home had been starting it and it was perfectly fine.. Monday he went to move it and it wouldn't start. It was pretty cold in colorado for a couple weeks but it has been warm fir atleast a week and a half... I have no idea why it died...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
2007 on a factory battery? It was past it's life of 48 months from the factory. Mine died without warning in 2010 (mine's an '06). Some last longer than the factory life, but most don't.

Call it normal.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
If your battery was the original it is time for a new battery. I replaced the one on my 07 about nine months ago

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2007 on a factory battery? It was past it's life of 48 months from the factory. Mine died without warning in 2010 (mine's an '06). Some last longer than the factory life, but most don't.

Call it normal.
I figured... just wanted to double check with everyone on here to be sure it wasn't out of the ordinary.

Now I havent jumped it from the fuse box connectors before.. (only have jumped others from the battery) is it any different than the battery in the back?? Theres a car parked behind me back at home and have no way to get back there to jump it from the battery

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
The recommended jump location is the posts under the hood, not at the battery itself in the trunk. If you plan to (or need to) jump it directly from the battery, be sure to have the trunk open and the trunk floor raised for several minutes in advance to let any (possible) fumes dissipate first. You don't want a spark in there if there's any residual hydrogen gas present.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Exactly what mnunes said! ^^^^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts