Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2012 Road and Track with about a little over 10,000 miles on it. The car would not start after sitting for a week. I jump started it with my other vehicle.. and I was able to get going.

There was a TSB for 2011s.. something to do with some electrical glitch draining the battery. I got no help from the Dodge service department. They didn't think it was anything to be concerned with.

So I'm looking for a recommendation for a trickle charger. What do you guys use? Anyone have a 2012 with battery problems? I don't think a car barely over a year old should be dead just cause I didn't drive it for a week.

Thanks.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I've got a 2012 Road and Track with about a little over 10,000 miles on it. The car would not start after sitting for a week. I jump started it with my other vehicle.. and I was able to get going.

There was a TSB for 2011s.. something to do with some electrical glitch draining the battery. I got no help from the Dodge service department. They didn't think it was anything to be concerned with.

So I'm looking for a recommendation for a trickle charger. What do you guys use? Anyone have a 2012 with battery problems? I don't think a car barely over a year old should be dead just cause I didn't drive it for a week.

Thanks.
Over a month sitting, it could go dead, but only a week, it has a problem. Try another dealer if you're still under warranty. There is no TSB for 2012 relating to the battery going dead. The Ignition Off Draw needs to be tested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts