Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an old lady try to pull into a parking spot next to my nice clean, black charger and she hit my bumper!!!!!!!!! Now I have a few nice scratches and some great scuff marks on what was my pristine bumper. Luckily no dents but now it looks like sh**!! What can I do to get rid of these marks?? I wanted the old lady to pay to get it repainted but she was like 90 so I felt bad getting pissed at her. Should I get one of those touch up pens from the dealership to fix it? The scratches are not that deep, can probably be fixed with some scratch X but the scuff marks will not buff out nor will waxing it help with those. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Old lady probably has insurance. You have to turn it in to HER insurance and get it repainted. Very hard to get rid of a scuff on the Rubber/plastic bumper.
Get it fixed right or it will drive you crazy.... it would me.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
See if you can guess how I feel...

See my experience:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52238

May not be politically correct, but so be it. Sorry. She hit my car and didn't leave a note. Cost me $500. Plus a week without my Charger, and who knows if it will ever look the same.

I think everyone over 60 should need to re-licensed every year.

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
that sucks man...i would have got her info just to be safe...theres no excuse for that...90 or not...my g-mom backed into my bro in laws car one day leaving my house and we made her pay for it through her insurance, family or not, a accident is an accident major or minor...those marks would drive me crazy

·
Registered
108 Posts
I say retest at 65! No disrespect to my elders but man the driving thing is becoming a BIG problem.

Shoulda got that insurance info from her... You worked hard for your beautiful car. Again, NO disrespect to my elders.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I say retest at 65! No disrespect to my elders but man the driving thing is becoming a BIG problem.

Shoulda got that insurance info from her... You worked hard for your beautiful car. Again, NO disrespect to my elders.

She called the police and we filled out a police report which will be ready in a few days, at which point I think I will file a claim with her insurance to get it repainted. At least she had enough respect to wait around, she called the police herself, they were already there when I came back out to my car. And I agree with you guys, at some point drivers should be retested to be able to keep their driving privledges.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
That sucks, I would have been going frickin' nuts.
I did go fricking nutz. Trust me on that.

The lot supervisor said "You're either completely insane,or you're on drugs."

I was neither. Just really really really pi55ed off. And I told him that.

Not that it did any good...

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yesterday, I was sleeping in my car parked at a meter waiting for someone. Then I woke up to the sound of scraping and my car shook.. some lady in a SUV backed into my Charger with some bumper guard exactly like this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180170341851). I was immediately PISSED! I got out and looked all over my front fascia and from inside the engine bay outwards. Luckly for her, it looks like the front plates took the hit. This could've been my discount for a SRT8 fascia.

How the hell can you even back into a car with someone still inside it? The metal guard that attaches to her tow hitch is all bent out of shape and twisted. Meaning this driver parks by feel ALL the time and uses the hitch guard to keep her own car dent free. I asked her why she backs her car so close to mines when she got 10 ft of space to park. This can't be your first accident backing into someone cause that guard gets a little more bent out of shape each time your car is in reverse. She just kept apologizing and asked if my car's fine. I reluctantly said it's fine but next time my car is attacked while parked, I'll probably won't be around to catch whoever did it.

I had scuff marks on my bumper from another incident where I thought the paint was rubbed off. I was ready to pay for sanding and repainting, but a claybar got most of it off which now isn't even noticable to warrant throwing $300 away. The scuff marks was very deceiving, the area is all smooth now and only an inch actually had paint damaged.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts

I agree....but maybe 75+......but a retest for sure.

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
Driver's Ed.

[/rant on]

Don't get me started on the whole Driver's Ed. in the US! That's usually the first program the high school's drop when they get short on funding, but of course they have to keep their sports programs... Many, many more teenagers are killed and injured every month in car accidents than are killed/injured on the sports teams. Then they argue about what new laws need to be passed to prevent 2,3,4 kids from being slaughtered in a crash... It's glaringly obvious from just driving around that people just are NOT taught how to drive any more.

I agree that people over (pick your senior age group) should be retested, but there's a LARGE number of people between the ages of 14 and 60 that can't drive worth a darn either! (Yes, I said 14 on purpose... haven't you seen some young ones driving?)

[/rant off] :smoke:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Was she driving a Honda? Here in the Detroit area, Honda drivers are the absolute worse! Almost ever accident has a Honda involved in one way or another, mostly Honda's with driver on Cell phone.

·
Registered
318 Posts
There are many young people out there that need to be tested every year also. I am in the middle of the road and fully understand what your saying, but there are tons of people out there who just can't drive a sharp stick into the ground regaurdless of age.

Don't get me started on driving when it rains in the DFW area.

:)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
As much as I love my own grandmother and respect the elderly, they really should not be driving in most cases. I find that most of my near misses come from old people who drive without even looking! As if it's up to the rest of us to make way for them. At least in this case the lady notified the police.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts

I don't think they test your parking skills any more at least in Cali they don't. Our driving test in Cali takes 2-3 minutes around the block with no parallel parking or anything.

It's crazy how old people drive out here. running red lights at steady 20mph, riding on two lanes until you honk the sh!t out of them, and yet they have not a single scratch on the car...well except in this case.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
There are many young people out there that need to be tested every year also. I am in the middle of the road and fully understand what your saying, but there are tons of people out there who just can't drive a sharp stick into the ground regaurdless of age.

Don't get me started on driving when it rains in the DFW area.

:)
Dude - I am soooo with what you are probably thinking! :smoke:

·
Registered
108 Posts
^Not to mention the Farmers market incident where the old guy killed innocent people. And the other incident where an elder ran into a store becuz he couldn't tell the difference between the gas and brake...

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
I don't think they test your parking skills any more at least in Cali they don't. Our driving test in Cali takes 2-3 minutes around the block with no parallel parking or anything.

It's crazy how old people drive out here. running red lights at steady 20mph, riding on two lanes until you honk the sh!t out of them, and yet they have not a single scratch on the car...well except in this case.
That's generally because the accidents are happening all around them.....:dead:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I had an old lady try to pull into a parking spot next to my nice clean, black charger and she hit my bumper!!!!!!!!! Now I have a few nice scratches and some great scuff marks on what was my pristine bumper. Luckily no dents but now it looks like sh**!! What can I do to get rid of these marks?? I wanted the old lady to pay to get it repainted but she was like 90 so I felt bad getting pissed at her. Should I get one of those touch up pens from the dealership to fix it? The scratches are not that deep, can probably be fixed with some scratch X but the scuff marks will not buff out nor will waxing it help with those. Any ideas?
Be charitable - we are all heading in that direction and it will be here before you know it :)

·
Registered
4,467 Posts

The CA driver's test is rediculous, I remember getting points docked for slowing down to make a right hand turn into a blind intersection. I don't know about the lady administering the test, but I would not like to get T-boned by blindly going through an intersection.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts