Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda S2000. All I could tell was that it had an expensive aftermarket exhaust. We rolled off at the light, he punched it, I punched it with me pulling away hard off second. He didn't have a chance, more dead rice.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hope you enjoyed your sushi. (IF YOU SAY THATS RACIST, Lighten up round eye!)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Great kill thats about a 230-240hp car and it only weighs 2800lbs. But apparently it goes 0-60 in 5.5 seconds and does the 1/4 mile in 14.2 seconds I would have thought it was quicker than that.

http://www.modernracer.com/hondas2000.html

·
Registered
10,177 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
An S2000 might do 0-60 in 5.5 if you dump the cluch at 7,000 RPM, but unless you really abuse those cars, An R/T will kill them off the line. The newer ones with the 2.2 are little better about the low end torque, but you still have wind them up to get them to move.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
An S2000 might do 0-60 in 5.5 if you dump the cluch at 7,000 RPM, but unless you really abuse those cars, An R/T will kill them off the line. The newer ones with the 2.2 are little better about the low end torque, but you still have wind them up to get them to move.
I find it very hard to believe that an RT can take out the S2000 very hard, well maybe it could happen if you ran into someone that does not know how to shift. Yes the car dosen't have too much torque but than again it really dosen'y need much its not that heavy of a car, Honda's are known for there top end power basically VTEC is Honda's best friend.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I find it very hard to believe that an RT can take out the S2000 very hard, well maybe it could happen if you ran into someone that does not know how to shift. Yes the car dosen't have too much torque but than again it really dosen'y need much its not that heavy of a car, Honda's are known for there top end power basically VTEC is Honda's best friend.
He's not the only one.
I have "SMOKED" plenty of them...:) :)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I think that seeing this is in the SRT thread, the OP was likely driving an SRT and not an R/T...
I am refering to Bigmech's response to an RT killing an S2000 off the line, I know the S dosen't have much torque but its enough and the RT don't have a great take off either.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Man for some reason I never get to run any fast cars I am always driving with my girlfriend or family members, I don't want to put them in any risk trying to race someone. Today I ran across a little kid (not really a little kid he just looked really young) driving a GT mustang but I had a full car with fam members and he really wanted to race me. Same thing when I came across a 350z had a car full of people on my end.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Why?

Unless the driver revs the hell out of them they don't have much power

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I am refering to Bigmech's response to an RT killing an S2000 off the line, I know the S dosen't have much torque but its enough and the RT don't have a great take off either.
The inflexible power band is also what makes the S2000 a somewhat unsatisfying drive in everyday traffic. The Honda is a stone in first gear until the VTEC crossover at about 33 mph, at which time any cop loitering nearby will wonder where all the noise is coming from.

Our own 0-to-60 time of 6.3 seconds was set with a hole shot just south of the redline on a car with only 369 miles on the odo, but that's behavior reserved for people who can do clutch changes on their lunch hour. Regular Joes can expect 60 mph to arrive closer to the 7.6 seconds of the S2000's 5-to-60-mph time, the second-slowest rolling start ahead of the Audi. The S2000 was created for racetracks. The car would be much closer to perfect if a track could be rolled up and carried around in the trunk.
The car is a dog unless you abuse it

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/13602/2003-honda-s2000.html

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Why?

Unless the driver revs the hell out of them they don't have much power
Well its no news to me, every Honda that I ever had I would have to raise the RPMs to like 4 or 5 grand to get a good launch and never had a problem. Again you have to understand that these motors love to be rev'd up high, I use to have a JDM Type-R B16B motor swap in my 2000 Civic Si I could rev that baby up to 9grand allllll day long with absulotely no problems I could even do 10 grand but I would rarely ever do that to risky since I didn't have a rev limiter on my ECU, one miss shift and booom I would have probably thrown a piston of the block.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Well its no news to me, every Honda that I ever had I would have to raise the RPMs to like 4 or 5 grand to get a good launch and never had a problem. Again you have to understand that these motors love to be rev'd up high, I use to have a JDM Type-R B16B motor swap in my 2000 Civic Si I could rev that baby up to 9grand allllll day long with absulotely no problems I could even do 10 grand but I would rarely ever do that to risky since I didn't have a rev limiter on my ECU, one miss shift and booom I would have probably thrown a piston of the block.
Even with launching at that RPM it is just about an even match for an R/T

So any owner not willing to risk a clutch a year is going launch at lower RPMs and get smoked by a R/T

The S2000 is simply not a powerhouse. It is a beautifully balanced handling machine with a motorcycle like engine.

Most of the ones that reach the 13s are modded

http://www.dragtimes.com/Honda-S2000-Timeslip-11503.html

·
Registered
708 Posts
I find it very hard to believe that every time there is a story about an RT winning a race, people like you come on here and have something negative to say about it. Do you have an RT? I have gone stoplight to stoplight with an S2000 and tokk him off the line every time. Your SRT8 isn't the only Charger that can get up and go!

Lay off the Haterade!!!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I find it very hard to believe that every time there is a story about an RT winning a race, people like you come on here and have something negative to say about it. Do you have an RT? I have gone stoplight to stoplight with an S2000 and tokk him off the line every time. Your SRT8 isn't the only Charger that can get up and go!

Lay off the Haterade!!!
Um yeah I just recently upgraded from an RT to the SRT8 about a month ago (needed something faster) I had my RT Charger for almost 2 years, so much for your haterade theory.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts