Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
I was going to do it but I guess I'm slacking. Hows it going? Where abouts are you from. I'm in the DFW area.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Same here.. Just haven't gotten around to sayin' howdy. I live north of Austin.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Although I'm out in Hampton, VA now, I'll always be a Texan at heart...you can take the boy out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the boy! Originally from the Houston area, but grew up in Canyon, just south of Amarillo. Went to college in Lubbock....GO RED RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Im inbetween San Antonio and El Paso(Odessa/Midland area).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Which is the best dealer in the San Antonio or Austin area to buy a Charger R/T? Down here in South Texas, the dealers have not even received them, so they are quoting 8-10 months for a car. A few 3.5 chargers but thats it. Can you believe that? Any issues so far with anybody's new ride? I heard the AC blows out really hot air for about 30 seconds before it cools?
soon to be owner hopefully!
laters
greedo

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm from the Houston area. Haven't heard anything about the AC. When is this forum going to create an SRT8 chapter. I suppose after the first one shows up in dealers lots?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I purchased mine at Maxwell Dodge in Austin. They had 5 to choose from on the lot when I picked mine out. I have not had any problems thus far with A/C or anything else for that matter. 1200 miles

Greedo said:
Which is the best dealer in the San Antonio or Austin area to buy a Charger R/T? Down here in South Texas, the dealers have not even received them, so they are quoting 8-10 months for a car. A few 3.5 chargers but thats it. Can you believe that? Any issues so far with anybody's new ride? I heard the AC blows out really hot air for about 30 seconds before it cools?
soon to be owner hopefully!
laters
greedo

·
Registered
2 Posts
In Houston (though you couldn't tell that by my name :) ) I've seen several around on the roads and driving by dealerships. Haven't taken a test drive yet, I don't plan on getting mine around Christmas time. Been on the lots on Sunday's to have a closer look but haven't been inside one yet.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Houston here.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HOUSTON TEXAS ALL THE WAY. ANd no, I will not ****** this out. Big Rims, yada, yada, yada. Shes gonna stay true to her roots.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone started looking seriously into performance?

I was wondering if anyone in this tread has had a dyno run on their car yet? How about a track run? Any 1/4 mile slips out there ? I know some of you have to few miles but I am pushing 1700.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Funny you say that. i am about 1780 Miles on my car. These cars are just too new to reallly get down them to see what they do IMO.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I will wait till about 2500 before I got to the track. I am going completly stock to including tires. Will be fun to see if 13's are possible. I think they should be.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah.. I know. Been following that post too. I would be to tempted to take my SRT-4 to that meet though.

SRT-8 Blackness said:
The Houston crew of srt-4s will be at the track on Sunday 8/16 along with the GTO guys. Woud love to some Chargers out there

·
Registered
61 Posts
i am from el paso texas and i was the first one here to have the charger not to mention the r/t charger. plus i am the first to add the exhaust, intake, limo tint, and a 15" solo baric to the trunk of my charger here in el paso tx. i want to add decals soon and extra badges to the car.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts