Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was wonderin if any of you have a weird smell coming out the ac vents when you turn on the AC.. do i have to change the cabin filter or do i have to take it to the dealer to get it checked...

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Bro, I can't find it now, but there is a TSB on this. Effects the hot humid areas the most and I've had it done. Stink is from a microbe build up. When you take it in, make sure you tell them you DON'T keep the recerc on all the time or you might get sh!t on fixing it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I try to run the air on w/o the AC on, it helps to dry out the air ducts. i read some where that it helps avoid the damp smell from the AC

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks supremeG... ill take it to the dealer first thing in the morning

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yes, I thought this was only mine. I have a smell that could be compared to a petting zoo when I first start the car. It goes away after a few minutes. I'll have the dealer take a look the next time I'm in. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
186 Posts
This forum is the best! I would have never known I could get this fixed!!

Im taking mine in on Monday!!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Oh God they have to take off the dashboard... I read the TSB...

What WILL they break!?

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
You may want to change cabin air filter and spray lysol in cabin air filter housing, they tend to build up mold and mildew

·
Registered
59 Posts
so this is covered by the waranty?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
A good tip is to turn off the recirc and A/C a couple of minutes before
you get to your destination, this dries up any condensation and keeps
things from growing in there. I do this and mine has no smell at all.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
I was wondering if the lysol helped any ?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yeah, it worked great. I just turned on the AC, fan only, not recirc. I opened the hood, removed the cover in front of the passenger windshield, dropped in the can and sprayed into the hole for about 30 seconds. Left the fans on for another 3 minutes, and let it air dry for an hour without using it, no more smell. Thanks Moshman.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Maybe I am missing something, or just a noobie when it comes to new cars, but where can you find TSBs? Do we have anything on this forum dedicated to TSBs or Recalls or any other such items?
I will definately keep this TSB in mind if I have issues with my new charger (since I live in a slightly humid area...)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but do dealerships do TSB (Technical Service Bulletins) for free? Or otherwise how much does it cost to anyone who has done this? Thanks.
Yes, they do TSB's for free, provided that you still have warranty.

Maybe I am missing something, or just a noobie when it comes to new cars, but where can you find TSBs? Do we have anything on this forum dedicated to TSBs or Recalls or any other such items?
I will definately keep this TSB in mind if I have issues with my new charger (since I live in a slightly humid area...)
Here's the link that show's all current TSB's http://www.300cforums.com/forums/tsb-recall-forum/15480-tsbs-complete-list-all-tsbs-recalls-issued-2005-2007-lx-models.html

·
Registered
83 Posts
So it's bad to keep the recirc on? I prefer to keep it on for the most part, otherwise on the road I smell all the exhaust coming. I notice the fan is stronger when the recirc is on as well. Funny thing is my recirc tends to shut off on its own occasionally and I can't figure out why--and it doesn't seem to happen consistently.

A friend also told me about running the fan without the a/c for a little while before reaching destination so whenever I remember I try to blast the air with the a/c off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts