Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i've noticed this before but this morning on my way to work i was doggina around the highway with a GTI, (btw i have an 09 Charger RT, smoked him from 80-125, when govener kicks in lol, but he stayed right there during the get up damn light cars lol) anyway when i htit he breaks at around 90 to slow her on down my steering wheel went crazy shimming back and fortha nd the entire front end was shaking pretty violently...didn't slam on them just your average slowing down as u approve the car in front, didn't feel right at all!! Neone else have this promblem or even better the remedy to fix it?????

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Alright i've noticed this before but this morning on my way to work i was doggina around the highway with a GTI, (btw i have an 09 Charger RT, smoked him from 80-125, when govener kicks in lol, but he stayed right there during the get up damn light cars lol) anyway when i htit he breaks at around 90 to slow her on down my steering wheel went crazy shimming back and fortha nd the entire front end was shaking pretty violently...didn't slam on them just your average slowing down as u approve the car in front, didn't feel right at all!! Neone else have this promblem or even better the remedy to fix it?????
Your front rotors are warped ..... if below 12k miles and less than 12 months old, you can get them resurfaced or replaced under warranty ...

I've gone throu 4 sets of front rotors and 3 rears before finally no longer having warping problems anymore with my current set-up (R1Concepts drilled/slotted rotors and Hawk ceramic pads)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Preciate the quick responses guys! I only have 7K miles on it and its only about 3 months old so i'll definately be going have a talk with the dealership tomorrow...so should i tell them my rotors are warped so they can't say they couldn't find nething?
:confused:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Preciate the quick responses guys! I only have 7K miles on it and its only about 3 months old so i'll definately be going have a talk with the dealership tomorrow...so should i tell them my rotors are warped so they can't say they couldn't find nething?
:confused:
I would just tell them that they're pulsating badly when slowing down from hwy speeds, especially when they're warmed up.

I had my first set of warped front rotors replaced under warranty at about 4k miles ...

·
Registered
772 Posts
I would not even bother with the dealer just bite the bullet and contact R1. This has been going on since day one. The dealer seems to give everyone the run around on this one.

They will either tell you its normal, its the way you use the brakes, or sand your pads and replace or resurface your rotors.

Either way you will have the same problem in 3k -7k and will need to call R1 anyway.

Save your self the time and headache and do what you need to now.

Good luck.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i have the same problem at 17000 miles will i get them replaced under warranty????

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I would not even bother with the dealer just bite the bullet and contact R1. This has been going on since day one. The dealer seems to give everyone the run around on this one.

They will either tell you its normal, its the way you use the brakes, or sand your pads and replace or resurface your rotors.

Either way you will have the same problem in 3k -7k and will need to call R1 anyway.

Save your self the time and headache and do what you need to now.

Good luck.
this is probably your best bet, but id still have the stealership fix/replace the problematic set you have now for the time being

·
Registered
362 Posts
You may have warped rotors, but maybe not. I had the same symptom and was told by everyone (including the dealership) that it was the rotors:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111813

But I had new tires put on and it went away, so either they were slightly out of balance (note I had no shake when I wasn't braking) or they were over-torqued or something along those lines.

If you're under warranty then it doesn't matter if they replace the rotors for free, but for me they claimed they could resolve the problem for $600 when in fact it would not have. Glad I waited!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts