Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2008 Dodge Charger with a 2.7 and I've been having a lot of issues with it overheating I've had multiple things check on the vehicle boss supposed reputable mechanics around my area however definitely called on when a couple of them tried to screw me car used to be a cop car not really sure if that will make any difference here however car is overheating horribly bad I'll change the thermostat radiator cap and even had the system pressure tested and passed however it seems like whenever I stay in town the car Run's about 210 Max, however when I drive about 30 minutes to the next town over she is horribly overheating with temperatures Rising to about 250... any help will be definitely appreciated I'm literally beating my head against the wall

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I currently have a 2008 Dodge Charger with a 2.7.
I've been having a lot of issues with it overheating.
I've had multiple things checked on the vehicle by supposed reputable mechanics around my area,
However definitely caught on when a couple of them tried to screw me.

Car used to be a cop car - not really sure if that will make any difference here but the car is overheating.

I'll changed thermostat radiator cap and even had the system pressure tested - it passed.
However it seems like whenever I stay in town the car runs about 210F max but when I drive about 30 minutes to the next town over, she is overheating with temperatures rising to about 250F

Any help will be much appreciated- I'm literally beating my head against the wall.

Please and thank you!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
2008 2.7 ex cop car with how many miles and hours idling? Every excuse to buy another car. By the time you're done you will have burped the cooling system, replaced the water pump, rodded the radiator, and found a plugged inlet to the coolant reservoir.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,953 Posts
All Riiiight Powerman! I thought I was the only one who dislikes "Wall of Text" posts.

I hope Jgreenway gets fixed and the hint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts