Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to have bad o2 sensors without throwing a CEL?

I only ask because I came across a thread earlier this morning while searching for a solution to this stalling issue I've been having. I can't locate the exact palce, but one person recommended unplugging the upstream sensors to see if the vehicle still misbehaved.

In addition, could I damage my engine without running with the upstream sensors?

I find it peculiar that the stalling DOES NOT occur until the vehicle is warm. Cold starts are fine. But after some driving and getting the temps up---stall/stumble.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
An o2 issue will throw a code. How many miles? It might be a cam or crankshaft position sensor going bad.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An o2 issue will throw a code. How many miles? It might be a cam or crankshaft position sensor going bad.
Are you sure? What if the sensors are on their way out the door? The problems have definitely worsened since they first appeared back in October. I've replaced the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors. And the trouble doesn't start until the car begins to warm.

I've got a few threads about detailing my troubles with stalling. I probably shouldn't have made a new thread now that I think about it. :slap:

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
We don't have mass air. The o2's on these cars monitor cat health. They do not have an input on tuning, if an o2 is failing or a cat is falling you will see a code

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Do you have an 06?

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
What is the code you are seeing?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is the code you are seeing?
That's the other weird thing. The only reoccuring code is P0700. And I usually get that code when the vehicle tries to stall as I'm driving at highway speeds.

It's happened countless times. I'll be cruising along at 55mph. The vehicle will try to stall, I put my foot to the floor to try and maintain speed, car begins to buck, usually accompanied with a few "pops" from the exhaust. And then returns to normal.

I've even managed to get the P0700 while in park. The car will stall. I'll restart it. Sometimes I'll have to do this countless times. Once it finally begins to idle again, the P0700 appears.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts