Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so everybody knows that my car was hit twice in a week long period. So, it takes me two weeks to get the parts in to the body shop. They tell me two days to do the repairs. Instead it takes four days and then when they tell me 5 o clock to pick it up, I ended up having to wait for almost two hours cause they weren't finished. They told me they were going to detail it, but when I picked it up, it obviously was not detailed. Additionally, they tell me I will need to bring it back in in three days to have the decals installed. In addition, I find out that my grill lighting was installed incorrectly and as a result, they burned out the lights and I will have to wait another week to get the replacements in. I get it home and find out that the door they worked on, won't open from the inside. I ordered some interior amber LED's and I was sent the wrong kind and have to wait an additional two weeks to get the right ones in since they are not currently available. I feel like over the last month, nothing has gone right. I have owned this car for one month and have had one month of bad luck.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I feel your pain. It seems like most things nowadays turns into some kind of hassle. It's gotten to the point that I expect something to go wrong and then am surprised if it doesn't.

Nice lookin Mango in your sig pick by the way. I think the go mango Daytonas are my favorite charger. Here's to hoping you get everything fixed properly :beerchug:.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Ok, so everybody knows that my car was hit twice in a week long period. So, it takes me two weeks to get the parts in to the body shop. They tell me two days to do the repairs. Instead it takes four days and then when they tell me 5 o clock to pick it up, I ended up having to wait for almost two hours cause they weren't finished. They told me they were going to detail it, but when I picked it up, it obviously was not detailed. Additionally, they tell me I will need to bring it back in in three days to have the decals installed. In addition, I find out that my grill lighting was installed incorrectly and as a result, they burned out the lights and I will have to wait another week to get the replacements in. I get it home and find out that the door they worked on, won't open from the inside. I ordered some interior amber LED's and I was sent the wrong kind and have to wait an additional two weeks to get the right ones in since they are not currently available. I feel like over the last month, nothing has gone right. I have owned this car for one month and have had one month of bad luck.
The first month of my ownership was a stupid-stressful period too. All I can suggest is sitting back and waiting it out. Once this idiocy is behind you, you'll be happy.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Did you try the child lock on the door? maybe it got bumped or something during the repair.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
yep, same thing happens to everybody. It took 2 months to have my car repaired back in feb 06'. Back then, repair parts weren't out yet. Be happy it only takes a couple of weeks now.

And for the decals, they are right on there part. They want the paint to harden first otherwise the decal will be inbedded into the paint and it will leave an indent when you remove the decal later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts