Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bald tires and rain! Spin out hit a van!! Needs 2 brand doors and quarter panel on passenger's side! Plus a unknown knock sound from front end!

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Man that sux...no1 got hurt?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
damn bro another charger accident?? :dunno: good luck man

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Sorry to hear that Santa. I haven't driven my car in rain for the past month or so because my tires were very close to being completely bald. I just purchased new tires and they will get installed today. Again, sorry to hear that... and good to hear that you're not hurt.

·
Registered
722 Posts
bald tires and rain! Spin out hit a van!! Needs 2 brand doors and quarter panel on passenger's side! Plus a unknown knock sound from front end!
Glad your OK Bro, did you spill your DD? Well now you better get to work Body Man!!!

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Good thing you are a body man, glad you are ok. Post up if you need anything

T

·
Registered
258 Posts
Soooo .... guess that means you aren't coming to any car shows for a while? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Bummer Man!

I hope you get that fixed up soon, and get some new tires!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Damn man, well at least you alright. My tires are bald and I been putting off buying new ones. I am deployed right now so I figure it could wait until I got back.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I remember cruisin in my friends car in high school (I believe it was a 4 door Caprice Classic) and we did a 180 in the middle of a busy intersection due to bald tires and rain. Later on the day we slid sideways while taking a left. Long story short, I never rode in that car again.

·
Registered
746 Posts
:sad: Sorry to hear about your car but glad to hear your OK. Were you on the highway when you spun :wax: out, or was it in the Burger :hungry: King Drive Thru.. :alfdance:

Found a pic of the van you struck, luckily it wasn't damaged.

Didn't you say right side damage only. Hmmmm!!
:banana: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxULCogvOn4 :banana:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pictures are coming soon!!! I have an adjuster looking at her on Wedensday! Not enough damage to get a Challenger R/T!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
ahhh so that was the plan, total the charger to get a challenger, thats fraud my friend!!! Honestly though glad your ok, orry about the car, maybe they can take care of the back bumper for you while their at it!!!, If you need any help buddy give a shout

·
Registered
810 Posts
Bummer man !! Sorry to hear this, but glad no one was injured.. Car parts can be fixed or replaced.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Very sorry to hear this, Steve

but glad to hear you are ok!!!!!!! I had bald tires last summer and I was warned not to take 1fine out on the rainy days because of hydroplaining....needless to say these type of days 1fine stayed home until I did get tires this year.....

Like one of the posts mentioned, cars can be repaired/replaced-people cannot. Glad you are ok. ;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wtf -- bald tires?!! No excuses

First, like all the others, I am relieved that no one was hurt, but sad that your car is wrecked.

And now for the SCOLDING --- many have posted that they are running on bald, or near bald tires!! I can't beleive this! That's really silly. Think about a selfish reason: You invested between $30,000 - $40,000 on your car, and you don't spend $500 to get a new set of tires every so often? That's not money well spent. If that's not reason enough, then think about a saftey reason --- you are imperiling others on that you share the road with! You can seriously hurt someone in a car wreck.

I've logged more than 105,000 miles on my car, and have been through a few sets of tires. For my Summer tires, I've found the TOYO PROXES S/T (there is also a S/T-II -- same tiure, different look) to be a great tire, and can be found for a good price:

255-50/18 (These are almost identtcal size to OEM by profile....a great fit!)
Cost: $130.00 @

Go here and get a new set of tires today :driving: : http://www.rimzoneonline.com/toyo_proxST.htm#18

1 - 20 of 33 Posts