Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone can help with this one; I have a 2008 SuperBee with Option Groups I, II, & III, so I have every option regarding the audio system, navigation, MyGig, etc, and just had the dealer install the rear VES Entertainment System. The problem is, when I called Sirius to activate the TV, they asked for the ESN # on the radio unit, and when I followed the instructions that came with the VES, the option to select the SATV function is not coming up on my radio unit. I know that the system is capable of supporting the function, as I currently have Sirius audio & traffic, however can't seem to access the SATV function. The 800 Chrysler Hotline is useless, as all they say is call the dealer. I live in PA, and bought it from a delaer in IL, so I'm in the process of working with both dealers to solve the issue (you can feel my pain); is it something as simple as having the dealer hook up to the car and activate the function in the radio? Not sure why the manual(s) don't match up with what is on the screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated........

·
Registered
133 Posts
The dealer installed sat reciever is not designed to support this feature. The part that is designed to do this is SCV1. This parts has a dual tuner in it. One for sat radio and one for video. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer installed sat reciever is not designed to support this feature. The part that is designed to do this is SCV1. This parts has a dual tuner in it. One for sat radio and one for video. I hope that helps.
Lance: Thanks for the info; I just received a call back from the Service Manager at the dealer I purchased it from, and he was real helpful, and stayed on the phone for 15 minutes or so. He indicated that even though all the sales literature states this option is available for the Charger, apparently, it never came to fruition for reasons we may never really know. He thought it may have something to do with the Sirius/XM merger, or the debacle at Chrysler that probably had been in the works for quite sometime, or maybe many other factors which are kind of a moot point now. He said the 3 vehicles he knows of that still support this are the Chrysler Journey, Town & Country Minivan, and the Dodge Ram Truck. At least the DVD Player works correctly, although it would have been nice to know this beforehand, instead of finding out after the fact. I guess I shouldn't have assumed that everything in the brochure was actually available for the Charger. Stupid me, why should I have ever thought that? It says it is included in Option Group III which my car has, so why would I even question it? Next time I will double check to be sure, although the next time there may not even be a Dodge or Chrysler around to even choose from...........:confused:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Did you mean that the backseat TV is not available on the charger? I have a 09 SRT that has backseat TV.

·
Registered
623 Posts
My backseat TV worked for the first year. Now, I only have the radio and traffic service. I didn't renew the SAT TV service. Do you have the right service?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you mean that the backseat TV is not available on the charger? I have a 09 SRT that has backseat TV.
My backseat TV worked for the first year. Now, I only have the radio and traffic service. I didn't renew the SAT TV service. Do you have the right service?
I can only go by what the Service Manager at the dealer told me this week. Mine is a 2008 Charger SRT-8 Super Bee with all 3 option groups, and he said that the Charger was not a vehicle that came equipped with the backseat TV option wired in from the factory. I'm guessing by both of your replies that both the 2008 & 2009 SRT-8 Chargers that you guys both own both have a working backseat TV system that works? That would mean that the info that he gave me was incorrect. It's one thing to say that the car overall doesn't come with that option, like maybe on the Challenger for example, however it is another to say that one particular car is not equipped for that option. I can see how a 2009 vs. a 2008 could be different, since mine was an early 2008, with a build date of 1/2008, however to hear now that you have had Backseat TV in yours, Hemiitis, will prompt me to place another call to the dealer. It's always amazing to see how much misinformation is actually out there. Can each of you respond back to confirm that you both have SRT-8 Chargers with Option Groups I, II, & III????

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lance: Can you clarify? It appears from the above 2 responses that it is possible to have Backseat TV in a Charger SRT-8. Does the car have to come wired from the factory with the appropriate receiver to support this option? It appears I received conflicting information from the dealer I purchased it from (go figure). I just want to verify if I have a valid complaint if my car is supposed to have had this option from the factory. Who knows what they may have done to it for the 14 months or so they had it at their dealership.........

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yes, I have option groups I, II, III, and sunroof. I can still play a DVD in the back even though I no longer have the SAT TV service.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I have option groups I, II, III, and sunroof. I can still play a DVD in the back even though I no longer have the SAT TV service.
Hemi: Same here, sunroof, & I, II, & III; I think the only 2 things I think I don't have are the side curtain airbags, and the dealer installed engine block heater. Uuh, apparantly, it appears I may not have the option for the backseat TV, which totally contradicts what is reflected in the dealer and service info. I had a different dealer here in PA install the rear VES, which of course is between the seats as part of the console. When I called Sirius to activate the Backseat TV, they asked for the ESN number from the radio for the video option, and there is no option to select it on the radio, hence the call to the dealer, etc. etc. Any chance you can give me a shout on my cell @ (610) 360-5836 if you get a second to discuss? I want to make sure I have as much info as possible when discussing with the dealer to see if I got juiced out of an option that I paid for but didn't receive........

Regards, Chris.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm exactly the same as you except for the RES and our numbers. I don't know for sure, but it sounds like I got a different radio unit than you did since I can still select SAT TV on the touch screen even though I don't still have the service. Also, I can play a DVD and I'm assuming that you can't.

I'll call your cell in a little while (~ and hour from now) after I get to look at my on-screen options and settings again...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm exactly the same as you except for the RES and our numbers. I don't know for sure, but it sounds like I got a different radio unit than you did since I can still select SAT TV on the touch screen even though I don't still have the service. Also, I can play a DVD and I'm assuming that you can't.

I'll call your cell in a little while (~ and hour from now) after I get to look at my on-screen options and settings again...
Chuck: Thanks again for taking the time to call me on Sat; I called the dealer I purchased it from, and he couldn't even find it on his ordering forms, even for the 2009's. I'm guessing that if you ordered the rear entertainment system as a factory option, they probably assumed that you would be interested in the Backseat TV option as well, and probably equipped the car as such. It appears that just adding the RES after the fact doesn't give you that capability, although you did mention that the dealer you dealt with in Texas indicated that it would be possible as an aftermarket option in your 300. Can you give me the name & number of that dealership, as I would like to give them a call. Maybe they are aware of something my dealer isn't. I would think that with Option groups I, II, & III, the car would at least be pre-wired for it, or have the harness already installed. If another head unit of receiver module were required, you would think it would be a plug & play deal, however who knows what Dodge & Chrysler do behind the scenes........

·
Registered
112 Posts
I can only go by what the Service Manager at the dealer told me this week. Mine is a 2008 Charger SRT-8 Super Bee with all 3 option groups, and he said that the Charger was not a vehicle that came equipped with the backseat TV option wired in from the factory. I'm guessing by both of your replies that both the 2008 & 2009 SRT-8 Chargers that you guys both own both have a working backseat TV system that works? That would mean that the info that he gave me was incorrect. It's one thing to say that the car overall doesn't come with that option, like maybe on the Challenger for example, however it is another to say that one particular car is not equipped for that option. I can see how a 2009 vs. a 2008 could be different, since mine was an early 2008, with a build date of 1/2008, however to hear now that you have had Backseat TV in yours, Hemiitis, will prompt me to place another call to the dealer. It's always amazing to see how much misinformation is actually out there. Can each of you respond back to confirm that you both have SRT-8 Chargers with Option Groups I, II, & III????
Mine is a 2008 with the back seat TV & it gets 3 stations. It was factory installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts