Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back windows wont roll down they have like twice and now they wont any ideas on how to fix it easily or what the problem is?

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
My smart a$$ answer is that a brick will solve your problem in about 2 seconds. The clean up would be nasty though and there is the problem of what to do when you want to put them back up. My real answer would be the switches from your door to the back. Something is effed up there. Do they go down if you hit the buttons on the back doors?

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Has to be an electrical problem because it doesn't make sense that BOTH motors and ALL 4 buttons would crash on you at the same time.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
they are split issues. the only one place where both windows can fail is the master window switch.

If you activate the switches do you hear a bunch of crunching noises in the rear door?
regulators
if you activate them and hear nothing slam the rear doors about 5 times real hard but dont bust the glass. If your motors are bound up this will free them. this comes from you holding the switch too long after the window is already down or up.
otherwise its electrical and either both motors or the master switch.

I'd start with a test light at the master switch after slamming the doors

·
Registered
322 Posts
I had this happen with my right rear window (on my 2006 Charger SE) and the dealer replaced the window motor (back in 2007)....

But, I now have the problem from time to time with my left rear window and I found that slamming the door a couple of times, as "wickerchargerrt" noted, gets the window working again. It seems that after getting through the winter months, I notice the problem, since I rarely put the rear windows down in the winter.

BT1024

·
Registered
164 Posts
I use the "wickerchargerrt" technique on my Durango. It's usually the rear windows also. Not sure if it helps, but if I have an "assistant", I have them hold down the master switch while I slam.

Now they are both stuck beyond slamming so I guess it is time to get out the test light.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
the "wickedchargerrt" technique :grin: i love it

You can also close fist hit the door panel if you know roughly the area where the motor is. Now the motor can die completely and this is tested with a test light at the two pin connector at the motor. If it lights its the motor or a binding regulator but you can pull the motor out of the regulator and see then if the window moves freely.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I use the "wickerchargerrt" technique on my Durango. It's usually the rear windows also. Not sure if it helps, but if I have an "assistant", I have them hold down the master switch while I slam.

Now they are both stuck beyond slamming so I guess it is time to get out the test light.
Try having an assistant open the door and place their palms on each side of the glass like a sandwich and push down while operating the switch. Mine used to to this after not being used for a while and I think the glass sticks to the weatherstrip after a while. Slaming the door will sometimes free them up but the hand sandwich technique seems to work better. BTW they stopped sticking altogether when I got my Weathertech inside-the-track window visors since they now contact the outside of the glass instead of the weatherstrip. You can also slide a plastic putty knife between the weatherstrip and glass all the way around the window inside and outside before operating the switch and see if that works.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Power windows suck, always start with the simplest thing 1st. Check the fuse.
My 94 Camaro, the passenger window wouldn't roll up or down unless I pressed the button on the drivers side at the same time. If I was alone in my car, I would have to hold the button on the drivers side while leaning over to press the passenger doors button. Something to do with the switch, I don't remember exactly because I hated that car (even though it was beautiful) and the dealership. I've basically suppressed the memory as much as I can. That car was a nightmare.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Power windows suck, always start with the simplest thing 1st. Check the fuse.
My 94 Camaro, the passenger window wouldn't roll up or down unless I pressed the button on the drivers side at the same time. If I was alone in my car, I would have to hold the button on the drivers side while leaning over to press the passenger doors button. Something to do with the switch, I don't remember exactly because I hated that car (even though it was beautiful) and the dealership. I've basically suppressed the memory as much as I can. That car was a nightmare.

uh no.
2 windows work, 2 dont. therefore its not a fuse

1 - 11 of 11 Posts