Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried searching for this but there are SOOOOOOO many predator threads that it would have taken me days to find what I am looking for. I am getting ready to order my Diablo Predator for my SRT8 but already have the B&G Stage II reflashed PCM. I thought I heard somewhere that I would have to reset my PCM to stock but I could be wrong.

So my question is, do I need to do anything to my PCM or will it be compatible with my predator.

thanks in advance, as always any info is appreciated.

best,
Jason

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody??????

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i'm dont know much about it, cause i dont have either one...

but theres a couple members on here who use the diablo to put the b&g custom tune in the charger... if that has anything to do w/ what ur asking.

thinking about it...

the only reason u would need to set it back to stock is so you could save the "stock" tune in the predator. if you dont set it back to stock, and then you go install the predator, then the predator is going to save your b&g tune as your "stock" tune...

maybe? i dk

·
Registered
928 Posts
you are correct. it will save your current tune as original. you can then upload a diablo tune.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you are correct. it will save your current tune as original. you can then upload a diablo tune.
so will this still "wake up" my motor or has the B&G pretty much done that. I guess what I'm asking is, is it a waste of money? :whistle:

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
so will this still "wake up" my motor or has the B&G pretty much done that. I guess what I'm asking is, is it a waste of money? :whistle:
heres a BUMP for u!

and my 2 cents...

from what i've heard the predator is better than the b&g because of the harder shifts and the ability to change the fan temperature. theres also a crap load of other options with the predator.... so i'd say yea it'll definitely wake ur car up more, especially if u got a custom tune.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Talk to Dave @ B&G BEFORE you do anything.......

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
From what I've read and understand, having the B&G Stage II with the Predator is better than the OEM PCM and Predator. I actually have both but haven't played enough to verify that. However, I believe that B&G is able to do things with their Stage II that you can't do with the Predator alone, which is why there is a noted difference.

Right now, I have the OEM PCM in the car with the Predator 91 octane with CAI tune. I don't have a 0 - 60 timer, but by stopwatch it's about 6.5 secs. That sucks and until I timed it, I thought it was a lot faster than that. It certainly feels faster. In any case, I'll put the B&G back in and retune for it and see what happens.

In answer to the OP, the B&G Stage II plus the Predator is a good deal despite my lack of being impressed by my own car at this time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts