Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the B&G Stage 2 flash this week, and I am looking into getting the predator programmer. I have looked at a couple threads of how the two are going to work together. It's pretty much a little too technical for me. So I just want to know, bottom line, is it worth buying the Predator while you have a B&G? Will there supposedly be gains on top of the B&G with the Predator? Thanks for any insite bc as of right now I am a little lost. :knockout:
-Kevin

·
Registered
928 Posts
It has been stated yes they will work together, one of the cars that it was designed on had it.

I dont know how much you will gain over the BG flash but you will make gains.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I just bought the B&G Stage 2 flash this week, and I am looking into getting the predator programmer. I have looked at a couple threads of how the two are going to work together. It's pretty much a little too technical for me. So I just want to know, bottom line, is it worth buying the Predator while you have a B&G? Will there supposedly be gains on top of the B&G with the Predator? Thanks for any insite bc as of right now I am a little lost. :knockout:
-Kevin
Hands down yes! Do you have an 07 SRT8 or an 06 with the TCM TSB? If so, the predator will raise your shift points, rev limiter, control of all fans, enable/disable paddle hold and auto upshift in autostick. The B&G has one custom tune. I loved mine until I got the TCM TSB and it lowered shift points back to stock and screwed up autostick. Predator will allow you to store up to five tunes...including the B&G flash.

·
Registered
926 Posts
So from what I am reading here if you get the Pred. you can store the B & G on it as well as your stock tune and swap back and forth as needed as well as tweak both tunes and use the pred. tune???? If so I may have to get one.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright thanks guys for shedding some light on my darkness haha. I appreciate the info, and will be pre-ordering my predator in the next couple days! Also I have been looking at the cool-it fan mod, but if it gives me control of all fans then there is no need to purchase it right?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Not to mention Dave over at B&G is going to be a CMR dealer so I am assuming most of his tunes in the future will be done through the predator making it easier for him to tweak your tunes for you.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Alright thanks guys for shedding some light on my darkness haha. I appreciate the info, and will be pre-ordering my predator in the next couple days! Also I have been looking at the cool-it fan mod, but if it gives me control of all fans then there is no need to purchase it right?
yep the pred will be able to lower the temp at which your fan comes on during normal use. though I dont know how much. if your worried about track cooling you will still want a fan mod so that you can run your fans without having your car running. extra fan time = good at the track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts