Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone that has to deal with those nasty Lovebugs.... Here is a great way to remove them. Use a bounce dryer sheet. Just wet it and the bugs come off like magic... Then just wash off the car.

It should work with other bugs also.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
For anyone that has to deal with those nasty Lovebugs.... Here is a great way to remove them. Use a bounce dryer sheet. Just wet it and the bugs come off like magic... Then just wash off the car.

It should work with other bugs also.
LOL, im not going to even ask how you managed to figure this one out :knockout:

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I got the rain-X brand bug and tar remover, it works like a champ when you follow the directions, I learned that the hard way, but it is great!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
My only question is: Won't those sheets scratch the car? or at least leave swirl marks. I know you aren't scrubbing hard, but I also was told that wood fiber, paper products, tend to scratch where as cotton fiber won't scratch as much.

·
Registered
181 Posts
they can swirl if ur not careful - this came out about a year ago on a lot of car/detail forums and the first time i heard about it i was like wtf? but then i tried it and it worked great. make sure to really soak the front of the car first for a good 5 mins to get them loosend up - then use plenty of drier sheets and discard once it gets a lot of guts on it and get a new one. the whole time make sure keep the area wet as to prevent scratching. im not sure exactly what makes them work as well as they do - whether it be some detergent in the sheet or the slight abrasivness of it or both - but they do work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.