Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the reason that there is a limited selection of AWD rims. What is the reason for only some fitting, what is the problem? Im looking for winter/track wheels to fit onto my stock tires from the factory. Ive been looking and found some i like with the correct bolt pattern, but for some reason some sites say will not fit awd?

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
OEM 18x7.5 wheels have a 55mm offset ... the RWD cars are in the 15-25 range, so the mounting face of the wheel is closer to its center, whereas with a high offset like the AWD Charger, the face of the wheel is pushed out more

The websites I've seen reccommend 34-45mm offsets for the AWD Charger when I was searching for 20x8.5 rims

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
That offset is why I didnt get an AWD, couldnt fit 4's. :D

I had no idea it was that damn high...but knew it was up there.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Well you have to remember some of us who live in snowy areas need the AWD.... yeah I know global warming but hey.. be caught in Massachusetts in a Blizzard. Would offset spacers work for the stock rims ?

·
Registered
345 Posts
OK If I am understanding correct.

Our offset for the AWD Stock rims is 55mm.

Rwd rims are 15 to 25mm.

The AWD has more wheel under the car than the RWD ....

·
Registered
13,502 Posts

Rwd rims are 15 to 25mm.

Offset is the distance between the center of the wheel and the mounting surface of the wheel, so a higher offset will move the mounting surface of the wheel further out, the width of the wheel stays the same and no more of it sticks out beyond the fender or anything ...

·
Registered
345 Posts

Rwd rims are 15 to 25mm.

·
Registered
345 Posts
OK yes I know nothing sticks out... Just trying to understand ... I have it backwards is all. You would shim if you had negative offset... not positive. So if a crazy person really liked our stock rims... they would have to put in spacers to make it up not the other way around.... Thanks for the help on that. Limits the wheels you can get for a AWD is all.... which stinks

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
OK yes I know nothing sticks out... Just trying to understand ... I have it backwards is all. You would shim if you had negative offset... not positive. So if a crazy person really liked our stock rims... they would have to put in spacers to make it up not the other way around....
exactly.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ok. This may sound stupid, but would the rims from a gcsrt8 fit on an awd charger. I think the gcsrt8 wheels are 20x9. Just a thought.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts