Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just purchased a 2008 Charger R/T AWD and I noticed that the car sits high. Does anyone know if the Charger R/T RWD sits at the same height as the R/T AWD or is it lower? Also is there a way to lower the AWD car without sacrificing the ride too much? Thanks...

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Hey Guys,

I just purchased a 2008 Charger R/T AWD and I noticed that the car sits high. Does anyone know if the Charger R/T RWD sits at the same height as the R/T AWD or is it lower? Also is there a way to lower the AWD car without sacrificing the ride too much? Thanks...

The AWD normally sits about 1" higher than regular RWD models.

This can be "fixed" through KW coilovers or Eibach springs.

I did the Eibach springs, Pro-kit part # 2879.140 on mine and I love the new look and handling.

Edit: a recent pic:

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
I know Tank8289 also used the Eibach kit on his, you can do a Search for his post. I'm seriously considering this kit as well, probably in the Spring.

ummm... no pun intended! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.. Just one question.. That part # you mention for the Eibach springs isn't that for a Chrysler 300? Is it b/c they share the same frame? Does installing these springs affect the warranty? As for the ride is it much harder, do you feel bumps more? How about the handling.. is it tighter in turns? Thanks...

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Thanks for the info.. Just one question.. That part # you mention for the Eibach springs isn't that for a Chrysler 300? Is it b/c they share the same frame? Does installing these springs affect the warranty? As for the ride is it much harder, do you feel bumps more? How about the handling.. is it tighter in turns? Thanks...
The part # I used is 2879.140 and it is listed as a 300 part number but that is the way to get the right kit for an AWD Charger since most companies haven't updated their application database yet.

Tire Rack originally sold and sent me kit # 2876.140 which will apprently fit but seeing as it's meant for the RWD cars it will lower the AWD more than I'd want it, over 2" .... I'm pretty sure Tank8289 use this kit on his black AWD Charger.

Handling is hugely improved, much less body roll and only the bigger bumps will feel worse, otherwise the car rides smooth.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again.. one more question.. With the Eibach springs does your Charger sit lower, higher, or at the same height as a RWD Charger RT?

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Thanks again.. one more question.. With the Eibach springs does your Charger sit lower, higher, or at the same height as a RWD Charger RT?
At a recent meet-and-greet it was parked right next to a black SRT8 with stock suspension and I swear it looked the same height as the SRT8.

I never measured the car before or after the springs, so I can't say raw numbers, but I think it sits a little lower now than a regular R/T

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Yeah, I saw gpwebman's R/T at a recent meet and I would say it now sits a tiny bit lower than my RWD R/T with the stock springs. Looks sweet now.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Yeah, I saw gpwebman's R/T at a recent meet and I would say it now sits a tiny bit lower than my RWD R/T with the stock springs. Looks sweet now.
Thanks Brian ... it's killing me that I can't do the rims till next year ...

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Here's some before and after pics of my car from a different tread

Before the Eibachs, the car announcing its 4x4-ness through its huge ride height:

After the Eibachs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts