Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 07 charger rt how can i tell if its a awd or rwd an info will be appreciated thank you

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
The AWD sits about 1" higher than regular RWD cars, making for a pretty big fender gap

If you bought it new, the window sticker will tell you what you have.

There's also the option of looking for the front axle hafts, easily visible with the steering wheel all the way to one side.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought it brand new but didnt pay attention to that i just payed att to the motor so if i turn the wheel on way look for the axle in front

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
AWD is also about a $2,000 option, so if you have it, I hope you wanted it.

:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
i just bought a 07 charger rt how can i tell if its a awd or rwd an info will be appreciated thank you
there should also be an AWD badge on the back

·
Registered
1 Posts

When you are at a stop light/sign floor it for 5-10 sec. and if the tires spin for more than 5 sec. it is a RWD and you should be able to tell just by the fell of the tires spining when they have lost traction. I have not dirven a 2007 but I drove a 2008 AWD and they just squak the tires and that is about it. They grab great with stock tires. So if you put on different tires they might spin, that is why you have to hold it down so long. :rockon:

·
Registered
919 Posts
When you are at a stop light/sign floor it for 5-10 sec. and if the tires spin for more than 5 sec. it is a RWD and you should be able to tell just by the fell of the tires spining when they have lost traction. I have not dirven a 2007 but I drove a 2008 AWD and they just squak the tires and that is about it. They grab great with stock tires. So if you put on different tires they might spin, that is why you have to hold it down so long. :rockon:
Dont forget to hit the traction control button. Also one key note, PAY ATTENTION THE NEXT TIME YOU BUY SOMETHING :smoke:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Look for this...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts