Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Hope somebody can help me. I was changing my front axle in my 2008 AWD charger, in order to do that I had to remove the clevis bolt that is located right below the axle, (this bolt is serrated just after the head) and the nut got stuck, no matter how much impact, breaker bar, cheater bar, curses and screams I threw at it it didn't budge.

So I finally just busted the nut open, but in the process I also destroyed the bolt. I've been searching everywhere for this bolt and nut but with no luck.

Anybody knows where I can find this bolt??? the serrated part seems to be quite unique, so far no luck on ebay, amazon, google. In the image below is the bolt with the number 1 and the nut with the number 3

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello. Here's a snip from the 2008 parts catalog. The illustration is slightly different from yours...but I think you're after parts #11 and #12. They're available on eBay (but a bit pricey for a nut & bolt). Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Diar:
That hardware is probably best sourced from oem as the diagram Capt W has posted. Such parts need to have certain strength/hardness to perform correctly and safely.

Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts