Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have one question, which car is the faster stock for stock in the 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I think the awd gets off the line better but the rwd wins

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
AWD will get off the line faster, but more then likely the RWD will win.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I have raced a charger hemi rwd and a magnum hemi rwd off the line and it wasnt even close, but I shut off around 65 70 both times

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
but there is a guy on here that has very minor mods and ran a 13.7 with his awd

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why is the awd slower in the 1/4 mile ?

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I have raced a charger hemi rwd and a magnum hemi rwd off the line and it wasnt even close, but I shut off around 65 70 both times
does this mean you won or got smoked??:knockout: nice ride by the way, I have the exact same one!:grin:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
why is the awd slower in the 1/4 mile ?
more drivetrain loss of power. let alone the more weight. Awd will kill off the line and lose a little top end like everyone is saying

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I too have the Black AWD R/T and she gets off the line pretty damn quick.
you're right, mine does too. i've even been able to make my tires do more than just chirp on the pavement and that was just by stomping on the gas **esp shut-off of course. :smoke:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
(AWD) is quicker of the line, but (RWD) will hawk it down an win. :yes:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I'd say because the awd has more drive train loss, and it weighs more, it probably runs at least a tenth or two slower in the 1/4.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i don't know if the charger rt AWD is any different from the 300c awd but the RWD IS NOT HAWKING or RUNNING anything down if it gets behind, MAYBE IN 120s the AWD has better gearing than the RWD and im not saying the AWD is faster but from experience I would say they are pretty even.

I had a little run in with an RT RWD last year he had tenn tags( wonder if he is on here) on 29 North Greensboro,NC and from about 75 to 120 i had 2 passengers and it was just him. We evened up and hit it and the closest he got was my back door at about 120 when i hit the brakes and he flew by i figured i got a better jump because i dwnshifted to 3rd and punched it and he prolly was in drive.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
i don't know if the charger rt AWD is any different from the 300c awd but the RWD IS NOT HAWKING or RUNNING anything down if it gets behind, MAYBE IN 120s the AWD has better gearing than the RWD and im not saying the AWD is faster but from experience I would say they are pretty even.

I had a little run in with an RT RWD last year he had tenn tags( wonder if he is on here) on 29 North Greensboro,NC and from about 75 to 120 i had 2 passengers and it was just him. We evened up and hit it and the closest he got was my back door at about 120 when i hit the brakes and he flew by i figured i got a better jump because i dwnshifted to 3rd and punched it and he prolly was in drive.
no the 300c awd is not different from the charger rt awd,
you have a 300c awd?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
:smoke::
Their is no way a AWD HEMI (stock) will run quicker in a 1/4 mile
vs. the RWD HEMI (stock).
The AWD HEMI are made with more drive train that = less horsepower. Plus all that AWD equipment has to put some extra lbs some where??

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
:smoke::
Their is no way a AWD HEMI (stock) will run quicker in a 1/4 mile
vs. the RWD HEMI (stock).
The AWD HEMI are made with more drive train that = less horsepower. Plus all that AWD equipment has to put some extra lbs some where??
just my 2 cents and no offense, but i wouldn't say no way:dead: from what i've read and heard, awd is down right killer in the 0-60 and 1/4.:knockout: on the plus side, we all have a charger so who cares:lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts