Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dodge Charger has a Avic Z2. I just got it replaced, last Z2 was stolen. The same shop installed it again. This time they cannot get the illumination to work. When lights are on it should go dim. It does not do that now. They cannot get it working.

Ideas on what to look for to fix it?

In case it matters the parts used to wire it up are below. (Partly for wiring Steering Remote)

Peripheral:
CHYAH05
PESWICAN
PESWIPS

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
dimmer

it they hook the dimmer wire to the right dimmer wire on the canbus interface? did they knock the wire off if they ran it to the passinger kick panel? in the passinger side kick panel there is a brown plug with 26 wires on it/white wire with a purple stripe in pin #26 is the wire they should be hooked to then set your dimmer mode in the set up menu and you should be good.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll ask them to check the wires. IN the avic settings is is in Auto mode (Options are Auto and Daytime), but it does not kick in. I suspect it's a missed wire issue.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about another issue on the same system?

I just had my Z2 reinstalled. It was removed because when shop was hooking up a new amp, they crossed a wire and shorted the Avic Z2 out. It went to Pioneer and came back in a weeks time.

Now it is in and sounds great. One odd problem...

The map shows me going down the road at about a 30-45 degree angle. I've taken 6 short 10-15 mile trips since it was installed. All but one it was off. It is off in rotating mode or when it is set to keep pointing north.

Do I need to reload the software? I can't imagine why it would be off that much and for this many miles.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Software update would not run. Says HD already updated.
I found today that in map mode I cannot go into the view of vehicle summary. This shows various vehicle information, speed, direction, angle, g's etc. It says information not available.

This tells me they must have missed a wire. Planning to go back today on the way home. Argh!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts