Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my AVIC-F700BT for a few months now and decided it was time to pair up my phone and head unit with a bluetooth connection. Unfortunately, the AVIC-F700BT didn't find my phone (an HTC Touch Pro) and I walked away feeling rather frustrated.

The directions in the AVIC-F700BT PDF manual looked fairly straight forward, but I could not get the unit to recognize the phone, nor the phone to recognize the unit from the other way around.

Does anyone have any tips they can share with me? There has to be an easy way to do this.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one has a Pioneer bluetooth with a tip? C'mon. Help me out here!

·
Registered
133 Posts
There are several ways that it can be done. You can open the connection from the pioneer and let your phone find. I would make sure no other windows on the phone are open. It may take several searches for it to see the pioneer. HTC sometimes has issue with any bluetooth device with a display. One thing I would recommend is that you get the pioneer latest software if you have not done it already. There is also going to be a naviagation and firmware upgrade soon. This upgrade will make the unit operate like the avic-f710bt.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
is your phone setup so that its is detectable by other devices? also some devides have settings to limit Bluetooth access so you may want to check up on that.

i had no problem linking any of my phones to the AVIC but i just got a WM6 based phone and still didnt try that.. will check today and post back.. coz it maybe a Smartphone issue?!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Tyrant. I'll look into that limiting Bluetooth access issue. I just know from either end, it just searches and searches and finds nothing while I'm holding it right there. The AVIC has preset phones in it, none of which are mine. This is frustrating.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are several ways that it can be done. You can open the connection from the pioneer and let your phone find. I would make sure no other windows on the phone are open. It may take several searches for it to see the pioneer. HTC sometimes has issue with any bluetooth device with a display. One thing I would recommend is that you get the pioneer latest software if you have not done it already. There is also going to be a naviagation and firmware upgrade soon. This upgrade will make the unit operate like the avic-f710bt.
I have the software that came out a few months ago. I know that there was just one released a few days ago, but I don't think that addresses the Bluetooth issue (I could be wrong). I downloaded it, but I don't think I have a memory card for it and ironically, you can't overwrite the card Pioneer sends you. So I think I will order a new card.

I don't run any windows open on the phone. I just tried to connect both ways.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got it to work! Woo hoo! Finally. It was an issue with the phone, as it turns out.

While in process, I updated to the new firmware and bluetooth software as well.
However, I have found that the auto connect does not allow a connection when I get into the car automatically, I have to pair it each time. Is this supposed to be the way it is? I thought auto connect meant auto connect anytime your phone was in proximity.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's working now. What I noticed was that after two or three starts of the vehicle, it must have created a pattern or knew to look for it. Now it takes a few seconds but it always looks for and finds it. I know you can rename the AVIC unit, but can you rename the phone device? I have mine and my wife's phone (identical devices). Curious what will happen when I pair hers without naming it as such. Any experience or tips?

·
Registered
133 Posts
You can rename it. In the bluetooth menu you have to change it there.
Just pair here phone and it will work. You would have to manual pair hers when she is in the car.It will only auto conect to the last phone that wasconneced. Then when you go to drive the car you ay have have to manual connect your.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So you can only auto connect one phone?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I have two phones that auto connect each time, as long as the bluetooth on the phone is on, it should auto connect... but only one at a time obviously

1 - 12 of 12 Posts