Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying a Charger. I have been reading the specs on the radio and it says it has an auxillary input jack. My armada has one and I can plug my IPOD into it. Does the Charger have one and where is it located? Thanks for your input..

AP

·
Registered
289 Posts
No. Mine was listed on the sticker and does not exist. Checkout the 300C forum and do a search for Ipod. A member by the name one JonW is doing and IPod and Aux interface that works with the sterr wheel controls. Looks pretty cool. He has already installed a few prototypes.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
from what I can gether the jack is only on the very basic bare bones radio... if you upgrade the radio at all... you loose it...

but this is just what I have come up with... not concrete

·
Registered
29 Posts
art_pena2323 said:
I am thinking about buying a Charger. I have been reading the specs on the radio and it says it has an auxillary input jack. My armada has one and I can plug my IPOD into it. Does the Charger have one and where is it located? Thanks for your input..

AP

When I bought my Charger, I had a choice between 2 SXT models. One w/ a 6 CD changer, tape, and no Aux input, or one with a single CD, no tape and an AUX input for $400 less/sticker.

I went with the model having the single CD because, like you, I have an Armada w. the AUX input where I plug my IPOD. I don't need 6 CDs, the IPOD is all I need...

The jack is on the Radio/CD unit, on the driver's side.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was really dissapointed, I got the 6CD thing and pretty much assumed it would have a jack as well (it said MP3 capable, so...) well, it doesnt.

Good news is, I dont own a IPOD or any other MP3 player yet, but I was going to buy one and move a ton of music to it so I didnt have to lug around a ton of CDs. The CD player would only get used by passengers that wanted to listen to some of their own music, or on the way home from the store with some new CDs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
hi, this is my first post, i been reading for a month, and picked up my silver r/t last monday. i love it. i also assumed it would have an aux jack for my ipod. i figured they probably dont because it has a tape deck and you could use one of those cassette tape adapters. that's what i use, granted i would rather use the aux input like in my other car, but it beats nothing.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Good alternative. Not the best, but as 2WYCE says, beats nothing at all.

Welcome to the forum, offically, 2WYCE.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Mopar is making an Ipod adapter for release in the first quarter of '06 (anyone have some info on this?). Until then I'd be looking here, it can controll the ipod using the steering wheel controlls to go through playlists and tracks while displaying the song info. it works on all radios for the lx's. and it can also be programed into the AUX unit to kill the "nag" screen on your NAV system.

My ipod currently has 1500 songs on it and I listen to podcasts a lot so I can't wait for this to arrive.

·
Registered
79 Posts
beezn said:
I heard mopar was making an Ipod adapter for release in the first quarter of '06 (anyone have some info on this?). Until then I'd be lookinghere it can controll the ipod using the steering wheel controlls to go through playlists and tracks while displaying the song info. it works on all radios for the lx's. and it can also be programed into the AUX unit to kill the "nag" screen on your NAV system.
Mopar is still planning the introduction of the accessory package that will allow the installation of the iPod into the glove box and use the radio controls to operate it. Currently, the factory base radio (REF) has had a running change to it. It now has aux inputs on the face of the radio, so you can plug an iPod into it. You still have to operate the iPod controls, but it will play thru the vehicle speaker system. As of right now, this is only being offered on the base radio. I guess they figure if you're using an iPod, you don't want 6 discs, but that's jusy my guess. Doesn't help we souls with the nav radio. Peace.

·
Registered
59 Posts
When you say base radio, you mean the single cd radio right? Because I have that one and there is no aux plug. Maybe it only comes in the SE models. I have the SXT and no plug... :sad:

·
Registered
79 Posts
swiater4 said:
When you say base radio, you mean the single cd radio right? Because I have that one and there is no aux plug. Maybe it only comes in the SE models. I have the SXT and no plug... :sad:
No, no trim level difference. I'm not sure when the 'running change' took place. Could be yours was built before the change.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
swiater4 said:
Mine's the same way...no plug.

·
Registered
58 Posts
nate1602 said:
No, no trim level difference. I'm not sure when the 'running change' took place. Could be yours was built before the change.
I couldn't find the thread so maybe it was over at lxforums instead of over here at chargerforums. There was a thread that indicated initial radios didn't come with the aux jack but, as indicated, there was a change and new ones do. I recall the person went back and got the dealership to replace radio with the new version...(it was on the sticker after all). Hopefully someone else also read this and can post the link.

·
Registered
59 Posts
just checked the sticker and all it said was am/fm radio cd w/changer control. What is the changer control? My radio looks like the picture on the right.

·
Registered
384 Posts
swiater4 said:
just checked the sticker and all it said was am/fm radio cd w/changer control. What is the changer control? My radio looks like the picture on the right.
I'd guess it could change the cd's in a trunk mounted changer from mopar as no other changer will work.

·
Registered
79 Posts
swiater4 said:
Changer controls were for trunk mounted multi disc changers. The can bus radio, which except for the single disc REF, are all 6 disc CD radios. Because of that, Chrysler has no multi disc changer for any can bus radio. Leave it to them to still mention it. :asleep:

·
Registered
1 Posts
The dealer I got my Charger from gave me the option to have the input jack installed. I've got the Nav/Sirius/6 cd changer stereo and I was told that once the input jack is installed the fascia surrounding the stereo will be switched out to include the same fascia with the auxillary input plug. Or at least that's how I understand the process.

There were only a couple of cars (all Chrysler 300s) at the dealer I went to that had the auxiliary input jacks. All were on the Nav/Sirius/6 cd changer stereo.

I believe the mp3 option means that the cd player will play mp3 cds. That's what mine does...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts