Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone knwo what the "Aux Line Input" listed on some of the stickers is with the NAV system, Uconnect, etc.. I would assume it is for a mp3 player or such. Also where is the line input located. I would like to have this feature in my car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
MYCHARGER said:
Does anyone knwo what the "Aux Line Input" listed on some of the stickers is with the NAV system, Uconnect, etc.. I would assume it is for a mp3 player or such. Also where is the line input located. I would like to have this feature in my car.
Maybe this will help. This link has info and pinouts for the 82208653 "REC" NAV radio, is this the same as what the Charger has?

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_nav.htm

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the REC system, and the link to the Jeep site sure looks like mine. I will look into this too...

Had a blast with the AutoStick Transmission tonight... Love it! I also found a link from the Dodge Support Center on how the Autostick computer software was completely retuned for max performance on the Charger vs the standard tuning for the Magnum and 300.

Lovin' Life in a Charger R/T!!!!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
chargin06 said:
I have the REC system, and the link to the Jeep site sure looks like mine. I will look into this too...

Had a blast with the AutoStick Transmission tonight... Love it! I also found a link from the Dodge Support Center on how the Autostick computer software was completely retuned for max performance on the Charger vs the standard tuning for the Magnum and 300.

Lovin' Life in a Charger R/T!!!!
Care to share the link

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
still can not find it anywhere. the dealer is no help and does not have a clue where it is. the want me to take my car to a sound shop to have it installed. the sound shop guys are making a little neverous because they do not know wnything about the can bus radio systems. still thinking about it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looking at the manual, it appears that only the lowest-end stereo has an aux input and that it was left off of the two higher-end units. It's not mentioned in the manual, and I sure couldn't find one on my nav stereo.

I really wish there was one, though. I'd love to be able to use my Ipod in the car without having to resort to a radio transmitter (which destroys the sound quality).

·
Registered
79 Posts
12-car said:
Looking at the manual, it appears that only the lowest-end stereo has an aux input and that it was left off of the two higher-end units. It's not mentioned in the manual, and I sure couldn't find one on my nav stereo.

I really wish there was one, though. I'd love to be able to use my Ipod in the car without having to resort to a radio transmitter (which destroys the sound quality).
Straight from the horses mouth (Mopar) - REF radios (base CD) will have an audio input jack as a running change. Once old REF stock is used up, the new REF will have the input jack that will allow folks to plug in their devices and play audio through the vehicle speakers. Controls will be limited to those on the device. Mopar is working on a unit that will stow the iPod in the glove box and provide operational control of the iPod through the radio controls. J1850 (old round face radio like in Minivan) will launch in the fourth quarter and Can Bus (Charger/Magnum/300/'05 Grand/Durango/'06 Ram) in the first quarter of '06.

·
Registered
22 Posts
nate1602 said:
Straight from the horses mouth (Mopar) - REF radios (base CD) will have an audio input jack as a running change. Once old REF stock is used up, the new REF will have the input jack that will allow folks to plug in their devices and play audio through the vehicle speakers. Controls will be limited to those on the device. Mopar is working on a unit that will stow the iPod in the glove box and provide operational control of the iPod through the radio controls. J1850 (old round face radio like in Minivan) will launch in the fourth quarter and Can Bus (Charger/Magnum/300/'05 Grand/Durango/'06 Ram) in the first quarter of '06.
That Ipod unit is exactly what I'm looking for. Do you know if it it is supposed to work with the current nav stereos?

Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
12-car said:
That Ipod unit is exactly what I'm looking for. Do you know if it it is supposed to work with the current nav stereos?

Thanks!
My understanding is that it will work with all the radios.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My sticker says AUX AUDIO JACK also. But it's not in the car. I didn't upgrade to the MP3 radio, because I thought I could plug in my IPOD.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
You folks that have it listed on the sticker, go back to the dealer. From what the 300C guys are saying, it's an error that is being fixed with a running change.

But if it was supposed to come with acording to the sticker, maybe you can get a radio upgrade for it. Maybe

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
keep in mind that it is listed over in the "standard equipment" part of the sticker, and if you have upgraded from the standard radio, and the higher radio does not list it, you will not have it...

the standard equipent is what is standard on the car, but the option eqipment is in addition to, or in place of...

and yes it will be a running change durring production, on the base radio only...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts