Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm just about to purchase my first ever Dodge, as on Wednesday I'm picking up my Dodge Charger Daytona. I've been reading up on it and I've seen mentioned many times an "AutoStick". I know a bit about it, how it's somewhat like tiptronic transmission? Could anyone give me a basic description and when or why you would use it?

·
Registered
554 Posts
You move the stick to the left and you are in manual mode. To shift you tap it to the left again. If you forget to shift it will automatically shift at 5800 RPM

Hold to the right to return to "Drive".

MDS is not active when in Autostick mode.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Autositck = instant fun!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I like to put mine in 1st and run around walmart making everyone listen to my pipes!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You move the stick to the left and you are in manual mode. To shift you tap it to the left again. If you forget to shift it will automatically shift at 5800 RPM

Hold to the right to return to "Drive".

MDS is not active when in Autostick mode.
If it automatically shifts for you at 5800 RPM, is there a real point to having it in manual mode? Seems like you would miss the fun of having a manual and letting your car redline. I suppose highway driving you could conserve gas?

·
Registered
230 Posts
gives you the chance to downshift when conditions are right. it drives like a 5 speed but shifts to prevent engine problems

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
whatever you drive now.... how often does your car shift at redline/ probably not often unless youve got it floored.

its for spirited driving. or holding 5th gear and not having MDS kick.

youwill love it.

nothing like going 75 mph and down shifting to 3rd and blowing the doors off the ricer that things hes cute ;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
You move the stick to the left and you are in manual mode. TRUE To shift you tap it to the left again. VERY NOT TRUE unless you mean downshiftIf you forget to shift it will automatically shift at 5800 RPM TRUE
Hold to the right to return to "Drive". TRUE
sorry but ive seen too many people write that you move left to shift. what.. are you always downshifting. please be more specific for the new owners.
unless 2006 chargers were setup differently than 2007s.

·
Registered
100 Posts
left = downshift
&
right = upshift

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
whatever you drive now.... how often does your car shift at redline/ probably not often unless youve got it floored.

its for spirited driving. or holding 5th gear and not having MDS kick.

youwill love it.

nothing like going 75 mph and down shifting to 3rd and blowing the doors off the ricer that things hes cute ;)
Dude, I here you like to boil rice!!!!!:lol:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Just my additional .02 -

Using autostick allows you to remain in a gear without it upshifting until you're almost at redline. Autostick means more fun! I almost alway drive with it in autostick in town. I've gotten so used to it that it's very difficult to leave it alone now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts