Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 R/T has a new problem with not upshifting when in autostick mode. It will sometimes but, most of the time, you can tap to the + side over and over and it just won't shift. This usually occurs between 2nd and 3rd and 3rd and 4th but will happen between all gears. If I try holding the shifter to the + side for several seconds, it usually will shift back into "D" after a try or 3.

I have a Predator and I'm running the 91 Perf. Tune with stock shift points and rev limits. Any idea what could be the problem and what to try to correct it? I usually run the 93 Perf. Tune but, finding 93 octane in Oklahoma during my trip was difficult thus, the 91 tune.

I'm going to load my stock tune today and do some test driving. I want to go back to my 93 tune as soon as possible but, if this shift issue doesn't correct itself, I'll have to stay with the stock tune and take it into the dealer for them to troubleshoot. (I'd rather not have to do that)

Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
20 views and no one has a reply?! Wow! See Redhot, I told you you'd break it if you kept fiddling with it.... :jester:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
What is the autostick mode on your predator?

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
What is the autostick mode on your predator?
The Predator autostick mode *should* only affect whether it auto upshifts at redline or not. The OP is having trouble with manually shifting which sounds like a bad shift switch. If you've had the center console apart and/or done any work around the shifter it's possible you've accidentally loosened the electrical connector (it's at the back left of the shifter assembly).

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
The OP is having trouble with manually shifting which sounds like a bad shift switch.
That's my vote as well. It could have gotten loose and moved from the proper position or it's just a bad switch. I somehow don't think they are available separately but you could get lucky.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
We've not done any work around the shifter, except when all the body work was done and they ripped out the interior to dry out the carpet, and replace the roof. The dealer did replace the dash a couple months ago, would the shifter have been removed then?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts