Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has be addressed 11 billion times, but is there a way to disengage the auto stick after you engage it and are driving? I've accidentally engaged it and I didn't realize till I was at 5000 rpm going 20 mph down the on ramp. Do you have to put it back into neutral then to drive? It doesn't sound like a good idea when you are already in motion?...

note-Did a search came up with too much "stuff".

Thanks.

Adam

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
You just hold it to the right (like an upshift) for a couple of seconds and will kick back into D.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Did they mention just to hold it to the right for 2 seconds :)

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
put teh car in nuetral while coasting, turn the car off, turn it back on without comin to a stop? :D

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
You just hold the shifter to the right for about 2 seconds :D

I remember when I first got the car I used to throw it into Neutral and then back into gear to cancel Autostick mode ..... yup, my owner's manual was delivered to me stuck together too ... hehehe

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You just hold the shifter to the right for about 2 seconds :D

I remember when I first got the car I used to throw it into Neutral and then back into gear to cancel Autostick mode ..... yup, my owner's manual was delivered to me stuck together too ... hehehe
Did this the first time. The tranny wasn't happy with me.

If I weren't sitting at work "looking" so busy I would've check the OM. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Even with this "to the right" technique, it all depends on where you happen to be with respect to the upshift points as to "how happy" the transmission may act... the first thing that will happen when you move the shifter to the right may be a forced upshift followed by a new downshift once things go back into "auto" and the computer realizes it should actually be in a lower gear at this point. Sad to say it's probably the only way to do it... I think you could probably minimize the harshness by backing off the gas altogether when putting the car back into [D] mode, and then getting back on the gas, but I don't think there's any way around it.

My dealer also thought the only way to reset it was to grab neutral and back into [D]. :) I informed him otherwise during our test drive.

So, yes: you just hold the shifter to the right for about 2 seconds. :)

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Now that's just wrong.
well i had to be different! so far this thread has no been very diverse!
dont have i some kind of reputation for keeping things interesting? lol

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Even with this "to the right" technique, it all depends on where you happen to be with respect to the upshift points as to "how happy" the transmission may act... the first thing that will happen when you move the shifter to the right may be a forced upshift followed by a new downshift once things go back into "auto" and the computer realizes it should actually be in a lower gear at this point. Sad to say it's probably the only way to do it... I think you could probably minimize the harshness by backing off the gas altogether when putting the car back into [D] mode, and then getting back on the gas, but I don't think there's any way around it.

My dealer also thought the only way to reset it was to grab neutral and back into [D]. :) I informed him otherwise during our test drive.

I always let off the gas going back into D. It shifts a little softer by using the above. Besides, when I get out of autostick mode, my power craving is over and I'm just cruising after that.

·
Registered
108 Posts
How does the R/T hold up against the W-S6

·
Registered
108 Posts

How does the R/t do agianst the WS6????

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
He's talking about the Firebird. From what I've read, is it like the next level up like the SRT?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Off the top of my head (may be some misses)
1998+
Firebird Formula - LS1 305 hp
Trans AM - LS1 305 hp
Trans Am WS6 - LS1 330 hp

WS6 has upgraded suspension, "Ram Air" and I think a few other goodies. Pick any one of them, they will all smoke an RT stock vs stock. They all came with A4 or M6.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts