Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just wondering if any of the 08 and up (Or other years) Chargers have the little trick the Challengers do.. If your outside your car and you press the unlock button once and then hold the unlock button again the windows goes down....

Supposedly it's called a "Express Down Window Feature" in the manual. By the looks of it most of the SRT's and some of the R/T's have it.

Tried it on mine and it doesn't work :disappointed:

But then again I don't really see the point in it.

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,505 Posts
I know my 08 SXT does not have it, as I have tried everything to see if it was available.

Not sure if the Chargers even have this at all!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
The point i believe is just to try and cool down your car before you get to it. Not positive tho? My buddys Lexis IS250 did it too but all the windows went down,

Or maybe its so if you think someone is trying to shoot you in your car you can trick them into shooting nothing???? haha

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I really like this option, but I don´t have it in both cars :(

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
168 Posts
I now know for a fact that this feature does work in Challenger R/T's. Mine was manufactured in March with some new set of packages they implemented in late Feb. So maybe...?

Like I was saying in the KC thread... it's too bad you can't roll them back up using the lock button. Ha!

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Mine doesn't do that but it goes really fast. :burnout: Why do you want it Dan? Need to air out after a trip to the KenTacoHut?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe.......

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah I dunno where I was going with that. I guess it might be something to do with build dates, since they're constantly f-cking with minor details about these cars. Same reason some people can trick their PCM into shutting off ESP with the key trick, or some can throttle recalibrate(I guess?) or something.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i dont think the chargers were equipped with this...

I would love it here when i get off work... its about 120*F inside the car.

my girlfriends base model 06 accord has this... as well as a lockable fold down rear seat.

some nice touches i think chrysler should add

·
Registered
696 Posts
Comes in handy in Vegas!
Challenger R/T sitting in the sun all day. Hit remote start 125' away with A/C on full blast. Roll down windows 25' away. Open door, remove fitted windshield sun reflector and pull away no sweat ;)

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Hi Dan! :wave:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi LD! :wave:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Express down = BMW design.

BMW, I think, was the first to program this. My late model 330 had this feature...it was convenient. On a hot Summer day, by the time you got to your car it was quite cool. The BMW opened all windows and sunroof.

I was just wondering if any of the 08 and up (Or other years) Chargers have the little trick the Challengers do.. If your outside your car and you press the unlock button once and then hold the unlock button again the windows goes down....

Supposedly it's called a "Express Down Window Feature" in the manual. By the looks of it most of the SRT's and some of the R/T's have it.

Tried it on mine and it doesn't work :disappointed:

But then again I don't really see the point in it.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I really wish we had this feature. You guys are correct, BMW and Honda both have it on all models with power windows. My buddy has an 03 4dr Accord w/ sunroof and he can roll all of them down with unlock button and then back up with the lock button. Very cool feature.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts