Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in on of the brochures that there is a tire pressure sensor that warns of low pressure. Is this true, and if it is is it an idiot light on the dash or part of the electronics convenience group. Anyone have the answer to this?? Thanks all in advance.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should have spent time in the newly redesigned Charger web site. Had my answer there already. Sorry for the unneeded post, but here is the answer to my own question.

Maintaining proper tire pressure is paramount for optimal safety, performance, and fuel economy. That's why all Chargers come with a tire pressure monitoring system that continuously checks the pressures of each tire for proper inflation, and illuminates a warning indicator to alert the driver if low tire pressure is detected.

*Not available on SE and SXT models

Lammy

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
lammy said:
I read in on of the brochures that there is a tire pressure sensor that warns of low pressure. Is this true, and if it is is it an idiot light on the dash or part of the electronics convenience group. Anyone have the answer to this?? Thanks all in advance.
Hey lammy! I looked in the ordering brochure and it's not listed. It's available for the 300 for 06. But just because I don't see it, doesn't mean we can't get it. I'll let you know as soon as I do. Regards! Mike

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I found the info on the newly redesigned Charger site. RT, Daytona, and SRT only. Not available with SXT or SE according to the website.

Thanks all

·
Banned
99 Posts
"Maintaining proper tire pressure is paramount for optimal safety, performance, and fuel economy. That's why all Chargers come with a tire pressure monitoring system that continuously checks the pressures of each tire for proper inflation, and illuminates a warning indicator to alert the driver if low tire pressure is detected.

*Not available on SE and SXT models"

I guess safety is not important to DC for SE and SXT buyers.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what happens when the tech writers don't have the marketing folks proof their documents...

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
adaptabl said:
"Maintaining proper tire pressure is paramount for optimal safety, performance, and fuel economy. That's why all Chargers come with a tire pressure monitoring system that continuously checks the pressures of each tire for proper inflation, and illuminates a warning indicator to alert the driver if low tire pressure is detected.

*Not available on SE and SXT models"

I guess safety is not important to DC for SE and SXT buyers.
It must not be. The only model riding on the wings of Goodyear is the SRT-8. Now what's up with that?!

·
Registered
56 Posts
My SE has goodyear tires. I wouldnt mind having an onboard sensor in my car...had a flat last weekend from a nail in the movie theater parking lot, it was depressing. I had my tire patched and I am trying to decide if i should just buy a new tire or keep the patched tire...anyone have any input? Are patched tires acceptable for just regular street/highway driving, up to 90 MPH or so?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yep, as long as it was patched inside, not plugged form the outside. check Goodyears site, most makers list acceptable repairs. Most will not accept ANY repairs to the sidewall. Personally, on the wifes 99 Blazer, I'd be okay with a proper patch. NOT on the SRT. I take those tires to the limit, and nothing less than perfect will do. And pressure monitors are going to required for 07 models I think.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The tire was patched on the inside at NTB, and I've used the mechanic before...he said it was good for the life of the tire, so I'll just stick with these tires and see what happens. I want to upgrade the wheels though, maybe to the SXT wheels, so I might go ahead and upgrade the tires as well eventually and maybe keep these as snow tires, if thats even neccessary.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts