Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it true that the car comes with the photosensor (the round thing at the front of the dash) and that all you have to do is install a switch that has an automatic option?

anyone done it?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
It was my understanding from the owner of the dealership I bought my R/T from that the sensor on the dash was my temp sensor for my climate control and the GPS locator for my navigation system. I don't have auto lights or a photo sensor.

·
Registered
127 Posts
ANTMAG06 said:
It was my understanding from the owner of the dealership I bought my R/T from that the sensor on the dash was my temp sensor for my climate control and the GPS locator for my navigation system. I don't have auto lights or a photo sensor.
this is correct according to the owners manual

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
brooks said:
this is correct according to the owners manual
Brooks, please see forum thread.

In the future, use the Search, Luke.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
awsome. Thanks epoch. Kinda new to the forums. I did'nt know this myself. I looked at all the threads and some people have really done this. I would like to hear from a 2006 Charger owner if they have done it and it works before I do it to mine.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
ANTMAG06 said:
awsome. Thanks epoch. Kinda new to the forums. I did'nt know this myself. I looked at all the threads and some people have really done this. I would like to hear from a 2006 Charger owner if they have done it and it works before I do it to mine.
Didn't someone in that thread say they did it? Maybe I'm mistaken...

Anyway, happy to help. :monster:

·
Registered
743 Posts
jamphat said:
is it true that the car comes with the photosensor (the round thing at the front of the dash) and that all you have to do is install a switch that has an automatic option?

anyone done it?
Yes, You have to replace the dash headlight switch to allow the "4th" position of AUTO... or you can modify the existing switch as I did...
Check my sig for the link. Sorry for incomplete instructions.. lemme know if they can be improved.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
WE got some info today that auto lights and Homelink gargage doors openers were just added as standard equipment to all 06 Magnum SRTs, no confirmation yet on SRT-8 Chargers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts