Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks! I’m a returning Dodge Charger driver. Glad to be back in a 2021 R/T Daytona Edition! The Sinamon Stick color drew me back in based on memories of my former 2006 Go Man Go! 😀. Mid-Life crisis?!? (Grin)

Anyways…. I’m curious if there is a way to configure the door lock and alarm setting system - so that when you park & exit the vehicle - that the alarm and doors will automatically lock after a short period of time (15 - 30 seconds). Of course this would be with/when the car engine is off and the car detects that the key fob is not in the car and not within range.

This same style of feature is available in other makes/models of cars. For example, in certain lines of GM cars. Kinda like your headlights turning off after a preset period of time. A personal option/choose.

Of course… it is indeed quite simple to just push the lock button on the key fob! Can do. Also, have the possibly to simply push the lock button on the door. Just observing we get keyless/proximity entry when approaching the vehicle…. Tugging up door handle unlocks… why not some proximity checks on exit side in case we 'forget' to lock the door & set the alarm?

Reactions: Karl_1052

·
Registered
397 Posts
I used to love that feature in my Cadillac, but the Charger won't do that.
I also wish I could roll down the windows with the remote, but Dodge doesn't do that either.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to love that feature in my Cadillac, but the Charger won't do that.
I also wish I could roll down the windows with the remote, but Dodge doesn't do that either.
Darn.

At least I will not continuing to drive myself crazy attempting to find a way to do it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Karl. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts