Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this in the mail today and had plans to replace the front Dodge badge with it. Well, it didn't really work up there so I thought about another place this might look good, but inside. I decided to mount it on the center console armrest, a lot like the emblem on Ram trucks. So it didn't stick out and look ridiculous I took the lid apart and cutout a spot for it in the cover so it would be recessed. I think it turned out pretty well seeing as how it went from concept to finished product in about 30 minutes. The silicone's not even dry yet, but it grows on me more everytime I see it. Let me know what you think

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Autobot Emblem on the sides of my charger and they look hot! Check it out...
Yeah, that looks good in black especially with your stripes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks, Carby. I also have the Angel Eyes on the front and LED Tail Lights on the back. I think the last thing I'll do to the Car is just upgrade the Exhaust to Magnaflow. After that, I'm not doing anything else to it. Ebay has the anghel Eye headlights as a complete light fixture so you don't have to take apart your headlights. They look awesome and are reasonably priced if you're interested. good Luck with your car.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Carby. I also have the Angel Eyes on the front and LED Tail Lights on the back. I think the last thing I'll do to the Car is just upgrade the Exhaust to Magnaflow. After that, I'm not doing anything else to it. Ebay has the anghel Eye headlights as a complete light fixture so you don't have to take apart your headlights. They look awesome and are reasonably priced if you're interested. good Luck with your car.
I do like the angel eyes but I too, never wanted to take my headlight assembly apart to do that mod. Thanks for the info and good luck with your ride as well.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. This is how the headlights look now. I paid like $160 bucks for the set and they look sick.
Man, that makes the Charger snarl look even meaner at night. Nice pic BTW

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks man. trust me, it is a head turner...but FYI...be prepared to remove the front bumper if and when you decide to change your headlights. See you around the forums, Carby. take care.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump...anybody else care to comment on the console emblem?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Yeah, you did a good job on that, great fit and finish. Now get Carbon By Design to wrap the console lid in carbon fiber! :thumbsup:

Soon, my car will FINALLY (had the damned parts for a year and a half!) be going in the shop for a major Transformers-related mod. I assure you, there will be pics.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
not bad but why didnt it work in the front?
is that the emblem from 24designs?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice mod... i don't believe i've seen that one yet:bigthumb:
Thanks, I had to do something with it, and I actually like it better where its at I think, that way I don't get rid of any Dodge badges

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
not bad but why didnt it work in the front?
is that the emblem from 24designs?
Yes it is, and well its very thin, about a 1/16" and very rigid so it wouldn't conform to the body shape and the adhesive was basically thin double sided tape. So w/o [email protected]@rdizing my original badge it wasn't going to work.

Here's an excerpt from the reply I sent regarding my fitment issues:

"No, I don't have pictures of the badge mounted on the advertised location, because there was no way it would work.
With the factory badge removed the recessed spot for the badge is not flat and has a notch at the bottom. Since the recess is bevelled inwards, the dimensions of where the badge would sit are smaller than at the surface. None of this really matters though because the radius (curve) of the mounting spot would never allow the rigid badge to adhere with the thin adhesive applied nor is the notch taken into account."

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyway, thanks to all of you who took the time to check out the pics and leave positive comments.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Very cool too bad they did not use the Charger in the movie!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very cool too bad they did not use the Charger in the movie!
I know right, how cool would that have been? Obviously they're in bed w/ GM for some reason. Granted there was a Mustang (Police car-Barricade) featured in the first movie but it was demolished by a Camaro (Bumblebee).

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Not bad, if you do want the front badge though, go with a Billet Tech one. They made the decepticon one for my car.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts