Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
370 Posts
I was hanging on to the couch... glad that those people constantly look in their rear view mirrors and get over. Here in the states you might ass well get rid of all the mirrors. The idiots in the left lane going slow don't use them.

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I was hanging on to the couch... glad that those people constantly look in their rear view mirrors and get over. Here in the states you might ass well get rid of all the mirrors. The idiots in the left lane going slow don't use them.
Cool vid, I wouldnt do that if I saw a car anywhere near me. I dont trust other people's driving skills.
Moving over for those in the fastlane is a BIG DEAL for those on the autobahn from what I've read and heard. So much so police ticket for that more than speeding in the stuff I've read and heard from other people.

·
Registered
183 Posts
When i was 20 i would think that was cool now as a 38 year old with 3 kids totally different. I take my cars to the track if i want to see what they can do. I dont want to be the guy taking out a mom with her kids in her mini van doing that. I couldnt live with myself. Sorry to rain on the parade ;o)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Moving over for those in the fastlane is a BIG DEAL for those on the autobahn from what I've read and heard. So much so police ticket for that more than speeding in the stuff I've read and heard from other people.
I thought the autobahn didn't have a speed limit? Isn't that whole whole point of thing being so famous? And if so, who are the cops pulling over for speeding? :confused:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
X2^^^ im trippin

·
Registered
210 Posts
Only in some sections is it wide open and people know that they have to move over it is not as personal as it is here when you wink your lights at someone.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I thought the autobahn didn't have a speed limit? Isn't that whole whole point of thing being so famous? And if so, who are the cops pulling over for speeding? :confused:
X2^^^ im trippin
Only in some sections is it wide open and people know that they have to move over it is not as personal as it is here when you wink your lights at someone.

Exactly... I believe there are sections of autobahn left that "no speed limit" and there are other sections that do have speed limits.

From my understanding Autobahn police take people not moving over as serious as State Troopers take someone blasting triple digits on the interstate.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I rarely saw the Polizei on the autobahn... and I was stationed in Germany for 3 years. They have a lot of speed cameras, but that's about it. I've never even seen anyone pulled over on the autobahn.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow...wonder what kinda gas milage it gets at 140mph?
I wondered that, too. The car sounds so good from 140 to 170 that I probably wouldn't care about the gas mileage.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Been living in Germany for several years. Only some sections have speed limits. I have seen Poletzi on the autobahn but never giving a ticket. In town, they have speed cameras and will set up speed traps in the country from time to time but thats about it. But keep in mind, to get a drivers license costs a couple thousand dollars for the germans, and there is a 6 month school (Farschule) that has mandatory road hours with an instructor. Germans are better drivers because they are better trained. But when they DO have a wreck, it is usually a fatallity. That being said, drive there doing 130 mph, and you WILL get passed by a station wagon.

·
Registered
8,909 Posts
Cool vid! :banana: @ 3:40- was that a 300 Touring (Magnum)? :grin:

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Much of the autobahn has a speed limit. They have tons of auto cameras that will ticket you for 1 MPH over this limit. I think my father got 3 tickets in Germany because he didn't know that.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
When i was 20 i would think that was cool now as a 38 year old with 3 kids totally different. I take my cars to the track if i want to see what they can do. I dont want to be the guy taking out a mom with her kids in her mini van doing that. I couldnt live with myself. Sorry to rain on the parade ;o)
Wow...wonder what kinda gas milage it gets at 140mph?
Snail, keeo in mind, on the autbahn, where the origianl poster filmed this, such speeds are perfectly legal. And, we know the car was designed for it. I see no issue.

MS, as I recall, the SRT Engineers mentioned once that at WOT, top speed, the car ran through a tank in about 17 minutes.

Call it 16.5 gallons usable, thats about 1 gallon a minute. Going 173 for 17 minutes, thats 2.8 miles a minute. 2.8 miles x 17 minutes = 49 miles.

49 miles divided by the 16.5 gallons used = 2.9mpg.

So there you go, 2.9mpg at 173mph:)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Any idea how often a Charger is seen on a European road? I would imagine it would be pretty rare and stick out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Snail, keeo in mind, on the autbahn, where the origianl poster filmed this, such speeds are perfectly legal. And, we know the car was designed for it. I see no issue.

MS, as I recall, the SRT Engineers mentioned once that at WOT, top speed, the car ran through a tank in about 17 minutes.

Call it 16.5 gallons usable, thats about 1 gallon a minute. Going 173 for 17 minutes, thats 2.8 miles a minute. 2.8 miles x 17 minutes = 49 miles.

49 miles divided by the 16.5 gallons used = 2.9mpg.

So there you go, 2.9mpg at 173mph:)
I just texted my girlfriend these numbers and she replied "Holy cow thats horrible mileage. We get like 22 at 85." I replied back, "Its also 173 MPH!!!"
I wish my car went 173 and I had a place to drive like that. Thanks for the vids. I'm bored today.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Depends on where you are. If you are close to one of the military communities like Graf or Kaiserslautern, the sxt's and even a few r/t's are relatively common. Very very few srt's, and I have never seen a super bee here. Get off into the country side, and every eye will be staring at you as you go by.....

1 - 20 of 50 Posts