Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody run into this before?

When using the Auto-stick, say in a 40 mph passing situation, I can't seem to get the same performance as I do when it's in drive.

I do seem to get a better launch, when in autostick, but then it just whines down, like I have a longer gear set. I've driven a standard transmissions before, and I've tried shifting shorter, and letting it run till redline, and everything in between. I normally run 89/91 octane in it, and when use the auto stick, it has the same sluggish feeling, as if I run 87. I've tried pulling the fuses, and reseting Hal, because when I first bought the car, I was using the auto-stick a lot, engine braking, and in town and such. But this is getting frustrating.

Any Ideas????

Brian
'07 Stock RT

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Same pedal position both cases?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I don't use auto stick very often. About the only time I do use it, is when I am racing at the track. I don't know what it is, but when I launch in drive, I spin the tires more.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i used to sell vw and loved the way the auto stick worked on that little 2.0 turbo. but i have the smae problems with minein the charger. the tranny has to much of a hesitation after shifting. im not sure but it might be a design feature to save the tranny instead of slamming into the next gear. it gives a little more transition time. ive noticed what your talking about and to correct it i drop it from 5th to 3rd and punch it seems to react more like a manual should as opposed to down shifting only one gear

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
that's odd at forty I am in third and one tap down she drops to second and is a monster. I love Autostick car acts like it should with my help

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hmm at 40 i drop to first....and get a good jolt for a couple seconds then it auto shifts into 2.... and i can hold that gear until 72mph....

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
yea.. shifting into frst at 40 mph is a bit of a uh... not good on your tranny..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yea but at the same time...if it really was "that" bad then the PCM/TCM wouldn't allow me to do it =/

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Yea but at the same time...if it really was "that" bad then the PCM/TCM wouldn't allow me to do it =/
good reasoning but that doesnt seem any worse than redlining also you gotta remember every one is gonna have differant scenarios being there are 4 diff engines in stock trim and namy mods for some of them

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
right, i suppose its not *terrible* on the tranny, but ive done that on accident before and it feels painfulllll. it only hits that gear for a second and the car gets pissed and throws you into nuetral and the whole car jolts around and then it makes a rough shift into second. ive also done it on the freeway at like 60 or so into seoncd gear.. same thing. my baby didnt sound happy

·
Registered
831 Posts
yea.. shifting into frst at 40 mph is a bit of a uh... not good on your tranny..
My car will actually run up until about 45 before redlining and shifting into 2nd. I can run 2nd until close to 80 before redlining and autoshifting.

·
Registered
831 Posts
If you are using auto-stick there is no automatic downshift. There is when in drive.
When you come to a complete stop it downshifts back down to 1 when in auto-stick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.